Pompeii Oven shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pompeii Oven shape

[QUOTE]Just to clarify,was thinking about elliptical or oval for the base shape and not so much for the actual shape of the dome.[QUOTE]
    I believe that our friend is more interested in the shape of the hearth and base. However in answer to Lwood's post I don't know. I know that in my own electric oven if I get something too close to the corner it burns more than if I get it too close to the side. I have seen the term elliptical and oval used to describe teardrop shaped, pear shaped, oval etc. Even if there is greater cooking space I would worry about there being hot and cold spots based upon the shape. Call me a fool but I think that James and others make convincing arguments for the round dome. BarbaraJones, my advice to you is to look around and see what makes sense to you and if it seems to work for people who are putting out good food then it probably will work for you.

Comment

I live in the UK, and I cannot get the pdf file to download to me for some reason. I am after the intructions for the pompeii oven. Any help would be nice. Thanks. Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by sinbad View Post
        I live in the UK, and I cannot get the pdf file to download to me for some reason. I am after the intructions for the pompeii oven. Any help would be nice. Thanks. Steve.
        Google it, there are plenty of sites you can download it from.
        The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
        X