X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wsquibb
    replied
    Re: New Membership Levels

It looks like a wealth of information. Can't wait to get starte.

Leave a comment:

• jeff
    replied

G'day James,
    And Top of the Season to you.
    Mate, your site is the cleanest, most giving and least competitive site I've had the pleasure of being introduced to.
    Please change nothing.

But second best is Exploroz, an Australian touring/offroad thread. It gets personal and petty at times, but is head and shoulders above similar sites.
    Indebtedly yours,
    Pleasant Jeff.

Leave a comment:

• asudavew
    replied

Originally posted by RTflorida View Post
    Dave, I'm in the same boat as you (pizza cutter). I usually don't pay much attention my number of posts.
    I guess we will just have to keep our pizzas to ourselves and eat them whole, without slicing
    seems so

I think you're eligible for the cutter though...

Leave a comment:

• RTflorida
    replied

Dave, I'm in the same boat as you (pizza cutter). I usually don't pay much attention my number of posts.
    I guess we will just have to keep our pizzas to ourselves and eat them whole, without slicing

Leave a comment:

• asudavew
    replied

Dang.>> I forgot about my pizza cutter.

But I sure could go for some Caputo....

Leave a comment:

• james
    replied

Excellent. Watch those fingers. :-)
    James

Leave a comment:

• Archena
    replied

Ooooohhhhhhh!!!!!! I just got my pizza cutter!!!! Thanks so much James - it's totally cool! Definitely keep out of reach of children, inquisitive pets and anything else you don't want cut! Wow, you could use that thing as a rotary cutter!

Now, all I need is a pizza to christen it with!

Seriously, thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• Archena
    replied

Originally posted by Brauma View Post
    I agree but the decision is your James.

Ive been a member of several forums and it seems the hardest job is the one of a moderator. I have no desire to do it. People get their panties in a wad when they feel singled out and if their post get edited.

The forum is your's James and you can feel free to run it as a benevolent dictatorship. You own it; you set the rules. We follow the rules. If we don't then we get warned or edited.

Ive come to find that forums are a wonderful source of information and they can also foster a sense of community, camaraderie and long distance friendships.

A free flow of information in a civil discourse is the best way to use forums. No flaming. Remember to use the smileys. Sometimes the printed word may not reflect your true intent. You could be kidding but it could be taken the wrong way.

You've got a great resource here James. Keep up the good work.
    ~nods~ Yeah, that!

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

Originally posted by james View Post
    I think I am more attracted to the BOTM (Best of the Month) award than reputation. If we kick off a BOTM program, each month we will nominate 5 "bests". They can be a photo, thread, oven, oven details, pizza, new recipe, etc. Then, I will create a poll with the top 5, and the top vote getter wins a prize.

That way we are identifying the best work -- and not going down the reputation path.

What do you think?

I definitely agree that we have something special going on here. It's fun and the community is incredibly helpful. Personally, I really enjoy the social contact, along with the great WFO info. We need to keep nuturing this.

Archena, send me an email and we will send your pizza cutter. :-)
    James
    Sorry James, you may need to move this quote to the Yearly Grand Prize thread.
    Acoma

Leave a comment:

• asudavew
    replied

Originally posted by james View Post
    I think I am more attracted to the BOTM (Best of the Month) award than reputation. If we kick off a BOTM program, each month we will nominate 5 "bests". They can be a photo, thread, oven, oven details, pizza, new recipe, etc. Then, I will create a poll with the top 5, and the top vote getter wins a prize.

This looks like a really good idea to me!

The best I've heard so far.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• james
    replied

That way we are identifying the best work -- and not going down the reputation path.

What do you think?

I definitely agree that we have something special going on here. It's fun and the community is incredibly helpful. Personally, I really enjoy the social contact, along with the great WFO info. We need to keep nuturing this.

Archena, send me an email and we will send your pizza cutter. :-)
    James

Leave a comment:

• Archena
    replied

Hmmm, I need to claim a pizza cutter it seems...

Leave a comment:

• Brauma
    replied

Originally posted by Archena View Post
    Rate Threads might be useful around here but the Reputation feature usually engenders hard feelings more than anything else. As a newbie I can't honestly see the need here for either.
    I agree but the decision is your James.

Ive been a member of several forums and it seems the hardest job is the one of a moderator. I have no desire to do it. People get their panties in a wad when they feel singled out and if their post get edited.

The forum is your's James and you can feel free to run it as a benevolent dictatorship. You own it; you set the rules. We follow the rules. If we don't then we get warned or edited.

Ive come to find that forums are a wonderful source of information and they can also foster a sense of community, camaraderie and long distance friendships.

A free flow of information in a civil discourse is the best way to use forums. No flaming. Remember to use the smileys. Sometimes the printed word may not reflect your true intent. You could be kidding but it could be taken the wrong way.

You've got a great resource here James. Keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

RT, have you stored the crop? It is going to be winter soon

Leave a comment:

• Archena
    replied

Rate Threads might be useful around here but the Reputation feature usually engenders hard feelings more than anything else. As a newbie I can't honestly see the need here for either.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X