X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cobblerdave
    replied
    G'day
    Sorry I'm back again with another, this has been the only day I've had free to have a big play with this.
    Zoom pinch function on the I-phone....good news its back.
    Bad news it cant be used again if you log in.....back to square 1 it seems.
    regards Dave

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied
    G'day
    Appears losing posts is probably related to timing out. The copy paste option doesn't work on pics and probably not links so the isn't a long term option. Is there any way to stay logged in then log yourself out at the end? The old forum stayed active if you were active as well so you didn't lose posts it also showed you if you were still logged in.
    Regards Dave

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied
    G'day
    Have been reluctant to answer up till this point as I lose any reply longer than a couple of lines on the " hand held device" the I-phone. I've pulled my desk top " puter" out of mothballs, and I'm learning that I do like windows 7 again.
    So my 2 bits.
    General: navigating in a thread.
    Presently you can jump 1 page at time at the top of any particular thread, to get the ability to go more than a one page jump at a time you have to scroll through right to the bottom of the page where the icon that allows you to do this is located. Should have that ability at both top and bottom of the page.
    I-phones and hand held devices view.
    I cant really understand why its impossible to use this forum when any of the other forums I use are easily used in the Desktop option or Full site option. I don't use the Other devices option Tapa talk or any other thing but the full view. The one thing other than the loss of the new topic button is the lack of the pinch and zoom. Given that option and the full site would give me at least the chance to operate on the forum
    Thanks for allowing me to have a reply
    Regards Dave
    PS nearly lost this reply but for copy/paste. then logging myself out, then back in then pasting the reply...again! on the desk top?
    I cant understand it.

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied
    Mike and Neill, I have added your suggestions to the punch list and will update the thread as I hear back from the team. Thanks for your input!

Mitch

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied
    Loren,

In the top right hand corner of the page, select the drop down box by your avatar and name. Then select User Settings/Account. Scroll down and there should be a box titled Show Signatures. It probably is not checked. Below that, is also a selection where you can edit your signature. Save the changes and you should be able to see all signatures.
    Last edited by Gulf; 09-27-2015, 10:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• the_dr_masuess
    replied
    I enjoyed the ability to have a signature at the end of each post with the link to your build or your page. It seems that the new layout does not allow for this signature

Leave a comment:

• nissanneill
    replied
    I haven't been visiting the forum for months because I cannot find my way around the new format when compared to the old one. I understand that change is inevitable but I do miss the list of new posts since I was last on (which used to be 24 hours). The location of each member was also important to me as I was keeping an Australian list but now I have no idea of their location. Generally I am disappointed with the new format (but old fashioned and liked to older one as it was a breeze to follow).

Leave a comment:

• SableSprings
    replied
    Tim & Mitch, thank you for letting us have input and response on improving the forum. I would like to know if there will be an improvement/addition to the media section that will allow us to delete existing photo folders. Currently, it does not appear that it is possible to either rename or delete existing folders in our photo album collections.

Your work and attention to the well-being of the forum is truly awesome and much appreciated! I also agree with DavidApp, that having the member's location info displayed on the post is very useful and in fact critical to how we respond to posted questions.

As Tscarborough noted, I also really have problems with red text on a gray background, even if it's bold red...it's just not a good contrast color combination in my opinion. White's marginal to poor while black/blue are good on gray, but most of the other colors just lose their definition altogether on the gray. Please have the programmers actually have someone else (with a lower class, smaller monitor) look at some of these combinations...I'd trade readability over glitz every time. I suspect it would be a lot easier just to stick with basic old school text, black on white...and most forum members (and visitors) would find it much easier to navigate and read posts. I used to teach CIS and when we got our first color monitors & printers at the college, everyone wanted to print ALL the colors on every document that was created...what a waste & headache for anyone trying to work with these documents. Color is great for emphasis, but it doesn't take too much to be TOO MUCH!
    Last edited by SableSprings; 09-26-2015, 10:59 AM. Reason: Changed my opinion of white on gray when I noticed I had been missing the HTTP address at the top of the current page (to the right of the blue tag Logo

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
    The main issues keeping me away are that it is too hard to determine new posts, and the red on gray hurts my eyes.
    Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
    The main issues keeping me away are that it is too hard to determine new posts, and the red on gray hurts my eyes.

Hey, Tscarborough.

We can working on resolving those issues. Thanks for bring it to our attention.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by DavidApp View Post
    Hello Moderator

First I would like to say that without this forum I would not have attempted my build. The help I got from members here was invaluable during my build.

Thank you to everyone who gave me the benefit of their experience and advice.

One thing I miss in the new format is the members location in the header box on the left hand side.
    ie Australia. UK USA etc. It helped me to understand the difference in their build, materials or advice.

David

Hi, David.

Thanks for bringing this issue up. We will look into this. Have a great day!

Leave a comment:

• Tscarborough
    replied

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied
    Originally posted by DavidApp View Post
    Hello Moderator

One thing I miss in the new format is the members location in the header box on the left hand side.
    ie Australia. UK USA etc. It helped me to understand the difference in their build, materials or advice.

David
    Good point David. It also gave members an idea of climate, seasons, geography and time zones at a glance.

Leave a comment:

• DavidApp
    replied
    Hello Moderator

First I would like to say that without this forum I would not have attempted my build. The help I got from members here was invaluable during my build.

Thank you to everyone who gave me the benefit of their experience and advice.

David

Leave a comment:

replied
    Hi, Gulf.

No need to apologize! We really appreciate that you have taken the time to let us know the errors you have experienced. We are working hard on fixing these issues so if you experience anything else then please let us know.

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied
    Mitch,

Thank you for the update. It is great to read and see the results of just one days work. The contrast of the red on gray in the member's id does seem to be better. However, it may be just me. I probably have about the oldest and "worstest" set of eyes on the forum. And, you and the other forum members may advise me to just get another pair of reading glasses . But, along with the contrast, the font size may be an easy fix. The red on gray for the User's name appears to be a 10.5 size. The Title and other information for the user appears to be a 13 size. And, the drop down box for the reply appears to be a 9 size. Having them all at a 13 size could help with the contrast and the readability imo.

EDIT: The Member List page seems to also be set at a 9 font. That is real small for the red on (dark) gray imo.

I'm sorry to be seem so nitpicky. Click image for larger version

Name:	New fonts.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	381314
    Last edited by Gulf; 09-23-2015, 09:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X