Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fox
    replied
    I use standard weather shield, masonry house paint, it is designed to stick to cement, is totally waterproof but breathable!

Leave a comment:

• RicardoM
    started a topic Water proofing Stucco Dome

Water proofing Stucco Dome

This is my first Post. My 42 oven is complete up to the perlite insulation layer and final flue duct installation.

After I install final duct, I plan on adding stucco. I am trying to figure out best approach to making the stucco water resistant best I can. I saw from Gulf recommending Drylok and/or acrylic fortifier. Wanted to see if there were other suggestions out there.

A summary of my build is as follows:
    1) Oven has been cured. Cured with lamps, small fires and have since had a few large fires and taken oven up to 1000 deg F. No cracks yet.
    2) I need to finalize my duct on my chimney, what is shown in my pic is smaller than what I will eventually install, 8" duct.
    3) I live in San Diego, CA. We don't get a lot of rain here. 1st priority will be to put stucco, then long term put a roof over the oven. For now, tarps have worked during the early part of the year when it rained.
    4) I have a breather vent at the top of the dome
    5) My build has these details: Floor: 4" perlite+Board+bricks. Dome: 2 layers of blanket+6-8 in perlite insulation layer.
Working...
X