wife is fighting me on a WFO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: wife is fighting me on a WFO

I showed my wife Frances' oven, then she wanted to mosaic our oven and has been totally on board since( except for the construction mess, I am working on cleaning up). Actually it was a great relief, now I don't have to figure out the final finish design.

Eric

Comment

Mine didn't object, because she clearly had no idea of the scope. She did give me an oblong look when the base was done and the only plan I could produce was with words and my hands in motion.

Once she had a pizza she was all in.

Comment

Tonto,

If it will help, you are welcome to show your wife the Pizza Oven page on my website:
        Hokester's Wood Fired Pizza Oven

On the page I walk through the thought process of convincing my family that this was a good idea (now that it's finished, they wouldn't trade it for anything! )
        Ken H. - Kentucky
        42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
        Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

What a great site, Ken!

As long as the input is still coming, let me chime in on this. I accidentally came across Ken's original Old Kentucky Dome video on YouTube last summer and said to myself two things: 'That is absolutely the coolest thing I have ever seen' as well as 'There's no way I could ever build something like that!'

Starting with questionable construction skills, nine months later I am 80% of the way to completing an outdoor kitchen with all the amenities including a 42" Pompeii oven. I have saved the actual oven build for last and am now happily deciding on issues dealing with optimum vent angles, internal dome height, finish colors etc.

I trekked up to Monterey last month to attend the first annual Forno Bravo Expo and had a great time seeing a myriad of foods (not just pizza) being expertly cooked on various-sized ovens and hanging with other foodies.

Tonto, please tell the wife you have a support staff like no other here at FB, and that includes basic advice, technical knowhow and most of all, encouragement.

This is a wonderful site.

John

Comment

Wow, I feel lucky . . .

I've been looking for the time to build a Pompeii, and my wife finally convinced me to just buy a Casa so we could get it up and running

Comment

Fight your wife back!!!

Honestly, we use our oven often in late spring through early fall. We made a fairly small oven 39" and it heats up quickly and retains heat very well.

The gas grill rarely gets fired up. - we have a tuscan grill and I really like the way it cooks.

I've seen some pretty rapid oven builds on the site in the last 3 years - you can do it!

Best of luck,

Christo
              My oven progress -
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
              sigpic

Comment

Get the boxing gloves out

I did my whole back yard in 2 months

Look

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...gon-11041.html

Comment

Originally posted by Ken524 View Post
                  Tonto,

If it will help, you are welcome to show your wife the Pizza Oven page on my website:
                  Hokester's Wood Fired Pizza Oven

On the page I walk through the thought process of convincing my family that this was a good idea (now that it's finished, they wouldn't trade it for anything! )
                  Just visited your WFO website, Ken. Bravo! Good work. Very impressive oven and website.
                  sigpic

Raffy's WFO Build Thread
                  WFO Build Pics (Picasa)
                  Add me on Facebook (write FornoBravo in the message)

Comment

Raffy,

My wife actually said NO when I asked. I stuck to my guns and decided to build it. It did take a while and time away from a young family on the weekends but now she loves it - we host partys from church, charity dinners and just having friends over. In fact I'm going to fire it up tonight after our neigborhood easter egg hunt!.

Good luck
                    Dick

Comment

The challenge I had was convincing her that I should build it rather than buy a kit oven.
                      Wasn't easy. Be persistent and let her be involved in the achievement of building the hearth.
                      I know she is happy with oven now and Im sure Ill be building one if we move house
                      My Photo Album
                      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/memb...adventure.html

Comment

why did you tell her?

Comment

Where would you suggest hiding a three ton oven? Trust me, she'll notice.

"Gosh honey, wasn't that there when we bought the house? Don't ask me where it came from. Here, have some pizza."

WFO Webpage: http://keithwiley.com/brickPizzaOven.shtml
                          Thread: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...ttle-7878.html

Comment

Ditto with my wife.

I tell people I probably got same reaction that Noah got when he told his wife and her response might have been "... your building a what?"

Once built my wife really enjoys it when we host parties etc. She almost talks like it was her idea .

It does take a lot of time. We used it a lot at first then got busy with life BUT I'm rebuilding to start phase II.

Good luck
                            Dick
                            aka thebadger

Comment

Working...
                            X