Captain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain

Hello everyone, I have ben looking at this site for some time and doing my home work and there are some great looking ovens I have seen and nice worke to all of you. I decided to do a 36" low dome Pompei being I am tight for space, I plan to start next week with the stand and possiblly move to the actual oven this all depends on the weather I am hoping to get it done in time for easter. so far I am pritty comfortable with every thing as I do have a back ground in construction, just a little puzzeled with the flue and the oven opening, most of the pictures ive seen realy dont show a good profile,if there is one out there please let me know.I think i am going to do an arched opening and make a manuel insulated door,what are some thoughts on that.
    Iwill keep every one posted as I progress. Thanks Ronnie

Welcome aboard. I have to agree that the vent section of the plans is the weakest part. We should do something about that. One of the trick parts is that there are a number of different ways to tackle the vent, all of which work well, and are widely done.

I know that Luis has some good demonstrative photos of his design.

If anyone wants to send me photos of their vent construction process, I will sign up to re-work the instructions.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Captain

Thanks for the quik reply I will document all my steps going foward and will probobley study each before doing it to make sure its rite. there is a saying in carpentry measure twice cut once.
      thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by captain
        <snip>
        "just a little puzzeled with the flue and the oven opening, most of the pictures ive seen realy dont show a good profile,if there is one out there please let me know.I think i am going to do an arched opening and make a manuel insulated door,what are some thoughts on that.
        Iwill keep every one posted as I progress. Thanks Ronnie
        "

(M) Hi, Ronie,

(M) I'm not sure what you mean by "a good profile" but if you click on the following URL you'll see about 90 chronologically arranged photos.

(M) Toward the end of the images are a few of how I handled the flue (aspirin and drank lots of water) as well as my prototype manual "insulated door" (air space that could have been filled with insulation)

(M) There are several builders who have great photos of their chimney build and I agree with James that those of Luis Arrevalo ( arevalo53anos Senior Member) are among the best.

(M) Here are mine for whatever they're worth to you. But you need to check with me if you use any of my unconventional methods as I made lots of errors, but I also have some good "work around" ideas.

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a318/marceld/

Ciao,

Marcel
        "Everything should be made as simple as possible, ...
        but no simpler!" (Albert Einstein)

Comment

Working...
        X