X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lhs
    replied
    Re: Artigiano 100 in North Texas

It's true - I got really lucky because the flue has drawn well from the beginning. The inner arch is quite black, but the outer arch has no smoke at all. Maybe it's because it's a large steel vent that came with the oven, plus the vent and chimney run about 10' above the oven. Seems like I read that having a high chimney helps with the draw.

Leave a comment:

• TxTanner
    replied

By the clean looks of your stone it looks like you don't have any problems with flue draw. This is great considering all that stone and pretty ceiling above the oven.Granite looks great by the way.

Bill
    Last edited by TxTanner; 08-11-2013, 07:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lhs
    replied

Thanks for the reassurance on the gaps. We got the chimney problem solved - a couple of elbow angles and an agile little contractor to climb into the chimney and put them in, and we're good to go. The granite counter tops arrived earlier than expected. I'm still working on pizza technique (need practice!) but we also had some salmon, and zucchini with hatch peppers. Yum!

Leave a comment:

• TxTanner
    replied

Ditto

Bill

Leave a comment:

• texman
    replied

fill it with ash/fireclay-no worries.

Texman

Leave a comment:

• lhs
    replied

Here's what it looks like now. It's closer, but there is still a little gap - maybe between 1/16" and 1/8". What should it be?

Leave a comment:

• TxTanner
    replied

I did see one thing in the pictures I thought I'd ask you about.In one picture it seems as though the floor tiles of the oven are spread apart.Was this picture taken before the mason was finished, or is it still that way?

Bill

Leave a comment:

• texman
    replied

that sounds good. good insulation is something you will benefit from in efficiency and peace of mind. i was really concerned with insulation because my oven is under roof and next to the house like yours. i added some passive vents to allow air exchange mainly for humidity control but also to prevent heat build up outside the oven. That dome will hit 1000 degrees and that means a saturated dome will be that hot on the outside as well. 3 and 4 layers of blanket is way good. just wanted to be sure you had that dome all tucked in.

Great job.

Texman

Leave a comment:

• lhs
    replied

I didn't get a lot of inside pictures because they were working fast and I was trying not to get in their way. The closest clearance to the wood frame is 6" and it's that close only on the left and right sides towards the back as it curves around. The ceiling is 10' high, so there's a lot of clearance on the top.

The installation guide says the oven must have a minimum 1" clearance to combustibles from all sides, and 14" clearance to combustibles from the top. And the area directly above the doorway and 6" to each side of the doorway must be covered with noncombustible material. (1" seems pretty close, but that's what it says.)

The Artigiano comes with a bunch of the 1" FB insulating blanket, and we put all of it on the dome and secured it with wire. There are at least 3 layers all over and 4 layers in some places.

The Duratech chimney is supposed to have a 2" clearance from combustibles, and it's not quite that at the moment once it gets up about 6' above the oven, but I'm working on solving that problem.

Leave a comment:

• texman
    replied

Looks very nice! Any pics of the insides ? Gotta insulate and separate the oven from that combustible wood frame. They get very hot.

Leave a comment:

• TxTanner
    replied

Yea that's a nice little Texas set up.Please keep the pictures coming.This looks epic

Bill

Leave a comment:

• mrchipster
    replied

Very nice work looks like a great place to get some real cooking done.

Leave a comment:

• lhs
    replied

Gotcha. I don't know about "too beautiful to resist", but here's a before and after.

Leave a comment:

• mrchipster
    replied

Originally posted by lhs View Post
    Thanks, Al. Do you think I should post pictures here in the thread instead of in the album, or were you just saying how to do it?
    Pictures as part of the thread are helpful because you get to see things at the same time as reading the post.

Not all pictures need to be posted in the thread but ones that help with clarification or those that are so beautiful that you just can not resist putting them up at every opportunity.
    Last edited by mrchipster; 08-05-2013, 05:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• lhs
    replied

Thanks, Al. Do you think I should post pictures here in the thread instead of in the album, or were you just saying how to do it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X