Leaving Florence House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving Florence House

It is with a great deal of sadness that we are leaving our house in Florence. The family has had a wonderful experience in Italy for the past few years, but there comes a time when you are ready to move on to the next step. Our daughters have said goodbye to their friends, we've packed the house, and we head out on Saturday. Though not before I take photos of the wood-fired grill at La Piazetta.

We are leaving behind our much used and loved Casa90 at the house, though the owners are happy to see it stay behind. It served us well for many dinner parties, BBQs and birthday parties. We did the same thing in San Gimignano, and left our ItalFiori oven at our rental house there. I'm the Johnny Appleseed of brick ovens.

The good news is that we have a brick oven at our vacation rental in France, so I get to post a few more recipes from Europe.

Then, the next step is to get back to Healdsburg, and decide what to do with my Scott ovens there. More to come on that.

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Originally posted by james

Then, the next step is to get back to Healdsburg, and decide what to do with my Scott ovens there. More to come on that.

James
    You can always recycle the bricks for a Pompeii oven

Comment

I've been thinking about that. Can you rent a jack hammer from Home Depot?

James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

You can from my local one but not all of them rent tools.

What about the one in the house? That's going to be messy.

Comment

How Did You Have 2 Ovens You Don't Like Built?

It seems reasonable that you could have one oven built and find out that you don't like it. Your complaints regarding the Scott oven are not a secret. But what caused you to have yet another one built? That cracks me up.

Comment

I had a home addition underway before the outdoor oven was finished, and had to make an uninformed decision on what to install inside. So you could say I made two mistakes with one decision.
            James
            Pizza Ovens
            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
            X