My first oven is a success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My first oven is a success

Well after 2 NY winters the oven has a bit of a lean to it. I am going to restack it this weekend if I get time. I will take some pictures of the project and post them.

for you info the roof of the oven is made of bricks held up with angle iron. It is hard to describe but with a bit of luck Ill be able to figure out how to post pics in a post and be able to show how anyone can go from foundation to cooked pizza in about 4 hoursor less.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyNY View Post
      Well after 2 NY winters the oven has a bit of a lean to it. I am going to restack it this weekend if I get time. I will take some pictures of the project and post them.

for you info the roof of the oven is made of bricks held up with angle iron. It is hard to describe but with a bit of luck Ill be able to figure out how to post pics in a post and be able to show how anyone can go from foundation to cooked pizza in about 4 hoursor less.

Tim
      Hey, glad to see you're still around the forum, i thought you disappeared.

I just can't seem to picture how the middle of the roof is held up. Looking forward to those pics and the write up of the project.

Thanks
      Last edited by zer0vette; 04-24-2009, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Well I rebuilt the oven yesterday. I have lots of pictures and I will write up a nice post showing the whole process soon. I just have to figure out how to embed pictures in a post. Total time to build the oven was 2 hours. We had our first pizza 4 1/2 hours after we started. It took a while to fire up only because I was watching the NFL draft more than the fire

Tim

Comment

sounds good. Looking forward to it.

Comment

lets see if this works

Tim

Comment

excellent now all aI have to do is write it all up

Tim

Comment

Nice Job! I may have to build one of those when I visit my sister in Northern Michigan late this summer!!!

Christo
                My oven progress -
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyNY View Post
                  lets see if this works

Tim
                  Looks good!

Comment

Well I wrote up a nice long post with pictures detailing the build but I cant post them because there are too many pictures. So if anyone wants to look at the entire build you can see it at

brick oven pictures by timmyny_2009 - Photobucket

If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them.

by the way it only took 2 hours to build the oven and 4 and 1/2 to go from foundation to first pizza.

Tim

Comment

nice pics and descriptions! Thanks I'll be doing one of these this week for sure.

Comment

I started another post in the picture thread because I thought it was better suited to that thread

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...html#post54492

Tim

Comment

That is very nice. I wonder if it could be made with a layer of insulation.

Comment

I acually thought of getting 4 more pavers and some more bricks and making a insulation sandwich with some fire proofing insulation that I got from work. it is 1 1/2 in thick so it would be the same as the bricks

ppppppppppppp ppppppppppppp
                            BBBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIBBB
                            ppppppppppppp ppppppppppppp

something like this where p=pavers, B=brick, and I= insulation

But the oven works so well I lost the ambition to acually do it

I also thought of building a frame around the oven with metal studs and covering it with cement backer board. You could put insulation between the oven and the backer board and then cover the board with either tiles or stucco or something similar.

Tim

Comment

my first oven was not that authentic. im making something new right now. since i have tried the kettled cooked potatoes, i made myself curious about cooking some delicacies with an authentic oven.
                              anaheim ducks, clean clampers

Comment

Working...
                              X