X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I embark upon the jouney and the journey is the destinationi

Looks Good!
    And your build was fun to watch.
    It's always neat to see someone try something different.
    Let us know how the oven performs.. heat retention.. firing times.. etc.

Congrats!

Time to reap the fruits of your labor. - PIZZA

Dave
    My thread:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...ress-2476.html
    My costs:
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Xr0fvgxuh4s7Hw
    My pics:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/dawatsonator

Comment

Frank LLoyd Wright would be proud?

Comment

I gotta say - I like it! I don't think I'd paint the brick at all.

The materials work well together. It's not just an oven - It's yard art!!!!

Well Done!

Christo
        My oven progress -
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
        sigpic

Comment

More photos comming
          sigpic

Comment

]
            Last edited by berryst; 03-21-2009, 05:44 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Well the journey continues. This covered space is what my family is calling the pizza hut. We spit the shingles with a log splitter as the froe didn't hold up to the task I put in a 14' table under the end cover for lots of added counter (crosswise). Of course we added lights inside and a stereo...even a zen kinda bell. Next should come concrete patio and shrubs for the fire pit. Nice to get out of the rain here in the rainy northwest. What did I do to deserve this anyway?

NEW PICTURES ON THE PRIOR PAGE

Berryst
              Last edited by berryst; 03-21-2009, 05:43 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Berry,

Making your own shingles - that is awesome! Looks great.

Les...
                Check out my pictures here:
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

I'll second that. That looks great -- and making your own shingles is excellent.
                  James
                  Pizza Ovens
                  Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Its all very cool... I missed your finished oven pics for some reason, so let me say now that I really love your landscaped oven!!

I can see your point on maybe covering the marble with tile, although I think it fits in nicely. But the landscaping round it is just awesome! I want to build an oven into a hillside, too!
                    "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
                    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

This thing looks strangely out of the 1950's to me. I don't care for the strip of horizontal marble.
                      I kinda like it - it sort of looks like Batista era Cuban architecture, very tropic deco.
                      My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Note the camera man came too close and it was a pizza peel defensive move.

Pizza Mutt prepares for pizza!
                          Last edited by berryst; 03-28-2009, 01:37 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Re: I embark upon the journey and the journey is the destinationi

I'm planning a pizza party to celebrate my sons starting a new career..firefighter

It looks like we may do fifty even up to a hundred pizzas.

I think I will probably have to add wood the fire to keep heat in the oven between pizzas. I have not done this before. Does any one have any suggestions. I was thinking of making up individual dough balls ahead of time. I was thinking kind a production line do-it-yourself. I will probably warm up the oven an extra long time before hand.

What are some of the pitfalls to look out for. My oven is 36 X 30 oval. I can do two at a time
                            sigpic

Comment

G"day Berryst all i do is fire longer rake coals to one side and if you have a piece of angle iron place this up against the fire to stop coals rolling across. I find a small piece of wood burning is enough to keep the dome and floor hot,when not cooking i put a couple of pieces in so the flame licks right across the dome ans heats the floor as well.Ive done this a few times and the pies always come out in 2 minutes or so enjoy mate
                              Peter

Comment

Made 30 pizza's last night for sons collage graduation. When I started this journey I had never eaten a wood fired pizza. I even liked Domino's pizza. Now I'm a bit of an old hand. Can't really eat a Domino' because I am spoiled. I actual used to think they were good.
                                One of my standards is alway use 20% stoned ground whole wheat pastry flour in the dough. It's better for you and adds this great texture to the dough.
                                I've learned that when doing large group be prepared feed the fire as you go. A little wood goes a long way and the quality remains high.
                                I cook at 750F.

I do not use a brush and neither should you. One small bristle can kill you or injure you or you guests for like. It's true and should be avoided on the barbie too. bristle can stick to the food. I use a damp mop ....fantastic result.

All the best
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X