X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adman2u
    replied
    Re: New guy in North Texas

Go Layla My first project was a fireplace and just did oven/grill/smoker - concrete is the most forgiving construction material there is. If you get it close it will work. Not like woodworking or plumbing. It is easier than all except its heavy and its forever. PS I was born in Erie

Leave a comment:

• toddj
    replied

Hi Layla! you and your husband should go for it! Its the most fun I have had in a while.. it may seem overwhelming at first but if you just give it a try you will find it is really not very difficult. Keep me posted!

Dont overlook downloading the free pizza oven plans : eBooks & CD ROMs :: Forno Bravo Store

Last edited by toddj; 08-19-2008, 11:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• layla17
    replied

Great to meet you Todd! I'm Layla and I'm new here too. My husband has this great idea of building an oven, so I figured I'd get some resources together for him.

Leave a comment:

• Breven
    replied

Nice...off to a good start. I also think those mix matches sized bricks/stones are going to look great around the outside.

Leave a comment:

• toddj
    replied

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...oven-4760.html << They are here.. thanks

Leave a comment:

• Frances
    replied

ok, found them...

Leave a comment:

• Frances
    replied

That's what I was going to say!

We can get pretty excited about pictures of a simple oven stand, so while you're waiting for the heatstop, why not post some of yours? I'd like to see it...

Enjoy your build!

Leave a comment:

• Breven
    replied

Hey Todd,

Good luck on your build. Be sure to post pics and share your progress!

Leave a comment:

• toddj
    started a topic New guy in North Texas

New guy in North Texas

Hi everyone, I have just started building my 42" oven.
    Thanks for all the good information.
    So far I have the base built, six inches of vermiculite/cement mix, and started the fire brick floor. Im waiting on four bags of Heatstop 50 to arrive to build my dome.

Thanks, Todd
Working...
X