• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breven
    replied
    Re: Hello from Oklahoma

Guys-

Welcome to the forum...and thanks for sharing the pics. Very interesting design..I dig the all natural stone that you plan to cover it all with- very cool. Looks like you're almost done!
    By the way, I used to work for PennWell in Tulsa, on Sheridan. Been through Jenks a couple of times too...
    Keep posting! I'm sure we'll all like to see how this turns out.

Leave a comment:

• patngayle
    started a topic Hello from Oklahoma

Hello from Oklahoma

Hi, I wanted to introduce myself since I have been reading and studying for the last few months getting ready to build an oven. We live on what's left of the family farm (about 100 acres) in a suburban community south of Tulsa, Oklahoma.

I started about a month ago and am somewhere about half done. I just wanted to thank the folks for showing photo's and answering questions from the new people since I have been able to listen in and learn a lot.

I'm doing a bastardized (can I say that?) oven based on the pompeii, but I built a round base and filled it with sand before doing the structural and insulating base. Since we have a large family I built a little larger than some others- the inside diameter of the oven is 44". I'm not sure I can figure out how to link some of the photo's. But if I'm successful and any of the members see something really out of whack, I'd appreciate any input before I make any terrible mistakes.

This might get to the photos- picasaweb.google.com/patngayle/OutdoorOven]Picasa Web Albums -

I probably won't post a lot, but I sure appreciate all the information,

Thanks Pat & Gayle
    Last edited by patngayle; 08-28-2008, 10:36 AM.
Working...
X