New and Happy to be Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New and Happy to be Here

Hello everyone..finally a site with a wealth of information and a great bunch of people. I am just starting to plan my oven which probably won't be started untill fall or next spring. I happen to own what used to be my grandparents home...As a child i had the unforgetable pleasure of eating here with a very large family. The Sunday meals were a feast. Pizza..chicken..roast potatoes were all cooked in a brick oven located behind the garage. Unfortunately as time passed and the oven was seldom used my grandfather tore it out. the only remaining thing i can find is a single fire brick. I want to bring back those wonderful foods and feasts again. i have restored one piece of cooking history from my grandparents..a 1936 Kalamazoo wood stove. It's a joy to cook on. I've rambled enough: just wanted to give a little backround. My initial plans for this oven is for a 42 inch and i would really like to face the outside with tile. Right now i am just feeling my way around. Its a pleasure to be here and i am sure i will have many questions. Thanks everyone

Welcome Vincent

(M) "Welcome Aboard!"

(M) We have many David(s) but I think you're the first Vincent I've come across on this forum. People tend to have "handles" so dissimilar to their real name. JoeEngineer, e.g. is really Patrick, arrevalo53anos is Luis, ColonelCorn76 is Jim, dmun is David, etc. but Vincent is Vincent, James is James and Marcel is Marcel. Datsa me.

(M) You wrote:

(V) "the only remaining thing i can find is a single fire brick. I want to bring back those wonderful foods and feasts again."

(M) Perhaps you could use that brick as the dome's Keystone, or as a Keystone for the decorative arch you might build.

(V) "Its a pleasure to be here and i am sure i will have many questions."

(M) You might want to view 2 postings I offered to Newbies, as you contemplate your plans:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294

"A Newbie's photo documentary Page 01"

and,

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=263

"A Critical First Decision"

Ciao,

Marcel
    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, ...
    but no simpler!" (Albert Einstein)

Comment

Working...
    X