Forno Bravo at 10 Speed Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forno Bravo at 10 Speed Press

Forno Bravo is cooking for a large gathering at 10 Speed Press tomorrow in Berkeley. We are bringing a 43" portable Casa110 oven, and meeting the folks in the 10 Speed publishing community. They publish Peter Reinhart's books, and many of the best cooking and food books in the US.

Lots of Caputo dough, San Marzano tomatoes, etc. -- and 10 Speed has great contacts with Bay Area and wine country chefs, restaurants, food writers, et. al, so we will have to great fresh ingredients to work with. We're looking forward to hundreds of pizzas, and meeting some great folk.

More to report later.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Great to hear it

How do you make the tremendous amounts of dough for such a huge gathering? I am picturing an industrial mixer with a diesel engine.
    There is nothing quite so satisfying as drinking a cold beer, while tending a hot fire, in an oven that you built yourself, and making the best pizza that your friends have ever had.

Comment

Great Day at 10 Speed

I will post more later, but a quick note to say that we had a great time at 10 Speed. Really good folks, and we ended up cooking with two people who had worked in wood-fired pizzerias, and two young guys who had just graduated from culinary school. We were a machine, and the food was great.

We made about 100 pizzas in a little over an hour.

Peter came up with a wonderful dessert pizza -- I will post that recipe and photos later.

Peter did the dough (30lbs of Caputo) at Wildflour Bakery -- he's friends with the owner. They have a commercial mixer and a 7'x7' Scott oven. Everybody was making dough balls at the event. Lots of fun.

Stand by for the photos.
      James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
      X