Lessons learned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lessons learned

In a number of instructions it does state that you will have at least one keystone in each chain and you should plan on installing it near the front of the oven so that it will more or less out of sight.
    DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKE of making this the brick that interfaces the chain with the front entry! I know one jerk that did that and it is much more difficult to fabricate!
    What you wan't your keystone to be is exactly that, a keystone! it could be either large or small, what you don't want is an odd shaped keystone with multipule angles.

Comment

Ok hopefully others will learn from this one. Putting a layer of plastic on your floor to help keep it clean does not work! I finally bit the bullet and removed the plastic my indespensable tool and cleaned up my floor. I then cut some luan and put that on the floor and re-mounted the tool on the wood. This should keep the floor cleaner.

Comment

Ok its been awhile since I posted here. I was very smug and proud of how much I spent on my indispensable tool. The only problem with it is now it really doesn't work. The lazy susan is very difficult to turn and the small hinge screws are not holding very well in the 2x2.
        The trouble it seems is not necessarly the design but more of a factor on how long it is taking me to build this oven.
        For all you newbies, the oven is taking me so long due to the time I devote to it. Only on Saturdays and until reciently only every other Saturday and not because the oven is complicated.
        Soooo the lesson learned here I guess would be if you are going to build your pizza oven in the same amount of time it took to build the Domo in Florance, don't use my design for the indespensable tool.

Gary

Comment

Working...
        X