Volcanic rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Volcanic rock

Thank you. I will search for a supplier near to the island where we have our property, I am sure there will be one. We have property in a very remote place and wanted to try and use local materials. We will have a look out and see what we can do. Thanks

Comment

Here in the Philippines, red fire brick is readily available. Should be the same in Indonesia. Try to find a place where they mine perlite, it's a great insulating matl. Even the unexpanded perlite. They mine it everywhere here. It's used in light-weight construction.
      Our Facebook Page:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoneh...60738907277443

Comment

Originally posted by Nick House View Post
        Thank you. I will search for a supplier near to the island where we have our property, I am sure there will be one. We have property in a very remote place and wanted to try and use local materials. We will have a look out and see what we can do. Thanks
        Is it true that Indonesia has ove 15, 000 islands?

A lot of beach for sale there.
        Last edited by Lburou; 12-25-2010, 10:25 AM.
        Lee B.
        DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

True and True.

Like no other beaches I have ever seen, white sand crystal clear waters, and great weather all year round.

Comment

Philippines archipelago has 7,100 islands.......... at low tide. Careful about buying beach-front property. haha
            Our Facebook Page:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoneh...60738907277443

Comment

You might want to do some research on Cob Ovens if brick isn't readily available. They aren't nearly as sturdy as brick ovens, but the materials are usually easily gotten. A Google research will bring up a ton of info. That's how I found this website!

Hope this might help.

Monty

Comment

Thanks I will think about a cob oven, it had crossed my mind. But as others have suggested I should be able to get the materials needed somewhere not too far away, or at least in country! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X