• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A newbie?s survey of the Forno Bravo treasures hiding in the archives

Thank you for this "Treasure" link--a ton of useful info in one post

Comment

Hi All,

Yep, Craigslist is very useful for finding materials. Something to watch for is that very few sellers know fire brick from beach sand. I answered several ads for "fire brick" that was nothing more than concrete pavers or regular clay building brick. The sellers said they were left over from building a fireplace "so they must be fire bricks....aren't they" ? LOL

Be careful and persistent, eventually your search will pay off with a nice find.

Cheers,
      Bob

Here is the link to my oven number 1 construction photos!

Here is the link to my oven number 2 construction photos!

Comment

Thank you all for the help and giving the empowerment to carry on!
        Welshb2

Comment

Hello after doing the typical routine with home owners association and buliding inspector we are ready to start the Casa cg90 project. We are on the Washington coast and plan to build a water tight stucture covering the oven. Can we cure the oven inside the structure, we might have a problem finding a long dry window?

Comment

Originally posted by winnsb View Post
            Hello after doing the typical routine with home owners association and buliding inspector we are ready to start the Casa cg90 project. We are on the Washington coast and plan to build a water tight structure covering the oven. Can we cure the oven inside the structure, we might have a problem finding a long dry window?
            You will have to do the best you can. Call fornobravo for clarification (I'm assuming you mean a Casa 2g90 oven), I'm sure they have the experience you need.

Good Luck
            Last edited by Lburou; 04-23-2012, 05:04 PM.
            Lee B.
            DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

I must have missled everyone, I am building a Casa 2G 90 not a Pompeii Oven. We are really excited the oven just arrived only one week from the order, way to go Forno Bravo. We will enclose the oven in a water proof structure. After I learn how to post pics of our build out I will get them on right away.
              Last edited by winnsb; 04-23-2012, 11:01 AM.

Comment

newbies use these treasures to help you with your builds. A wealth of info and experienceawait you.

UtahBeehiver
                Russell
                Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Jumping into the mix this week with my foundation. I was originally leaning toward a barrel oven since it looked simpler to build the dome. After countless hours reading tons of posts and viewing pics, i am again convinced to build a Pompeii oven. Mine is slated to be 42".

Thank you all forum members and especially the posts in the newbie section. You have given me the motivation and confidence to proceed.

I will start posting as soon as i get underway and look forward to many great posts.

If anyone is on Long Island or NY metro area I would love to hear about your experience.

Thanks,
                  Giuseppe

Comment

Newbies,

I nearing the end of completing my dome and I have to tell you I continue to use lLburou's Treasure Archives to reference the best builds on this site.
                    Russell

Comment

One thing that very few mention is the lime attacks on your skin. I do not remember whos thread I read it on, but wash your hands with apple cider vinegar to neutralize the lime. And yes, the lime will eat through latex gloves.

I echo all the links mentioned. I personally found Ken's, Cristo's and Dino's threads very helpful. Most of all, don't be afraid of asking questions and PM'ing other builders for the "lessons learned". We have a ton of them.

May the Sauce be with you!
                      Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

Bump , and I think that this should be a stickie as well as Lburou's build added to this Survey!

Any seconds out there on this motion?
                        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I'll make it a third. Lee's Treasure Trove was one of my main threads that I went to for research. It really is a Treasure Trove for Newbies. Moderator, this really is a valid request to make Lee's thread a stickie!
                          Russell

Comment

Moderators,

How about our request on making this thread a sticky??? Other wfoers chime in on this.
                            Russell

Comment

Hi Russell,

Are you back stateside? How was your trip. Sorry, yes Moderator, let make this thing STICK!

Comment

Outdoor Kitchens...

I've just added Texman's outdoor kitchen to the list. Its included there because he has incorporated many of the recent tweaks to the pompeii oven while incorporating it into a beautiful outdoor kitchen.

Its a labor of love and a work of art.

Does anyone else notice the wonderful absence of banner ads, footer ads on fornobravo.com? Isn't it wonderful to have a simple site layout without all the commercial clutter? Thanks to James and the fornobravo team! :thumbsup:
                                Last edited by Lburou; 12-15-2013, 08:19 AM. Reason: Thanking fornobravo!!!!
                                Lee B.
                                DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Working...
                                X