X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A newbie?s survey of the Forno Bravo treasures hiding in the archives

Thank you Lburou,
    I really had hoped for this addition ! Very few diserve this more than Tracy. A great build, from a guy who will not settle for just anything. If it was not to his satisfaction, he was willing to start over until it was right.
    Aidan, Tu, and Russell, will you join me in congratulating another standout in the Class of 2012 .
    We learned so much from the pioneers of this forum. There is no telling what the class of 2013+ will do.
    I posted this on Tracy's build first. I just wanted to cover all the bases.
    Thank's again Lburou.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I second Gulf's sediment. I am really looking forward to seeing the next graduating class of 2013 and my thanks to the pioneers who lead me here. Congrats to Tex on making the famous Lburou treasure list.
      Russell
      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Hi Mods,
        Where are we at on making this invaluable thread a sticky?
        Russell

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
          Hi Mods,
          Where are we at on making this invaluable thread a sticky?
          Russell,
          Forno Bravo is a great forum.
          But, on this issue, it seems that they are either "afraid" of acknowldeging this thread or "skeard" of starting one of their own .
          Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I fully agree lLburou's Treasure Archives should be a sticky! Love this Thread!

Maybe we are using the wrong tool. Maybe we should create a Poll and put it up to a vote (if that hasn't been done already). I've never started a Poll myself - don't know if a lowly Laborer can pull that off...but I'll try.

Comment

Ive been to a few forums where the whole front page is nothing but stickies, its ugly.
              Im sure anyone with forum knowledge can find it without it being a sticky thread.
              If they havent forum knowledge then they will learn, just like we all did, how much hand holding can you do?
              The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

I can live with the thread not being a sticky. I do believe however, that a familiarity with the site and how it works overshadows how difficult it is for someone (new) to find the best, 'stick to the plans' information and techniques available here. That is why I made the thread. The thread leaves out some pretty awesome oven threads, which may be why it is not a sticky.

We are fortunate to have such a resource as fornobravo, even more, to have it without a barrage of advertising. And for that, I say thanks to James and his staff!!

Brickie, I agree with you and think stickies can be consolidated and abbreviated to improve the site, but that takes quite a bit of effort and familiarity with the software and is a drain on resources (BTW, I'm available and have the skill and experience to do that).

Its a great day to fire my oven, I'm sure about that. Glad to be a part of this awesome membership.
                Last edited by Lburou; 03-10-2013, 10:36 AM.
                Lee B.
                DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Well I believe everyone is right here. So we can help keep the thread from being lost in the masses by replying to the thread once in a while if the mods don't want to stick it.
                  Russell

Comment

It would be good to see the dome spreadsheet calculator added to the list at the beginning of this post.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...tor-18131.html

Common questions answered in this post for newbies.

Chip
                    Chip

Comment

Good idea.......what do you think Lee?
                      Russell

Comment

Originally posted by mrchipster View Post
                        It would be good to see the dome spreadsheet calculator added to the list at the beginning of this post.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...tor-18131.html

Common questions answered in this post for newbies.

Chip
                        Done, thanks for the suggestion!
                        Lee B.
                        DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Good Choice!
                          Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Lburou
                            Does anyone know where to find Brickie's e-book?

Amazon.com: brickie: Kindle Store

I had a link in my sig but it got deleted. I must be too much competition for them.....
                            The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

I used this thread when builing my oven !
                              “Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.”

Trellis

Home Sweet Home~ Colorado Springs ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
                                Amazon.com: brickie: Kindle Store

I had a link in my sig but it got deleted. I must be too much competition for them.....
                                Put it back! I got your Back!

Comment

Working...
                                X