X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A newbie?s survey of the Forno Bravo treasures hiding in the archives

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
    Well I believe everyone is right here. So we can help keep the thread from being lost in the masses by replying to the thread once in a while if the mods don't want to stick it.
    Lburou thanks for creating this thread. Love the content, it all a newbee could wish for. It took me awhile to find it tonight as it had moved down the list, just a little push back to the top.

PS. congratulations Utah on you becoming a Il Pizzaiolo..........Your t-shirt coming yet?
    Respectfully,

KB

My build
    Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

Originally posted by Laurentius View Post
      Put it back! I got your Back!
      Great the Yakuza has your back.....

Chip
      Chip

Comment

Thanks KB, but I really feel I don't deserve the it. I just enjoy helping when I can and passing on the experience and info I got from others on this Forum, IE Karangi Dude, Tscar, Les, and a myriad of others.........
        Russell
        Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Originally posted by mrchipster View Post
          Great the Yakuza has your back.....

Chip
          Great.......who to be more afraid of, the forum police or the Japanese mob.
          The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Normal Japanese don't wear tattoos. Only the mobsters have tattoos or those with links to them. Hence the long sleeves and covering up.

We visited a waterslide park near Tokyo about two years ago and there was a big sign at the entrance NO TATTOOS ALLOWED. If you had one it had to be covered up. Saw several girls with large bandages on that were only meant for covering their ink.
            Bob

Always ready for pizza

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/memb...ing-build.html

Comment

Anyone with a tatoo is not allowed entry into an onsen ( hot spring bath) either.
              Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

The one thing that's great about this website and its forums is how it's all about sharing. The experienced guys that still visit the site even though they've finished their builds, sometimes even after multiple builds, just to share their knowledge with others who are going through the process.
                Their is an air of helpfulness and camaraderie here absent from other sites. It's about guys helping other guys. And with that often comes a social bonding. So, yes sometimes posts of a thread may go askew for a short time but hey, they'll get back to business all by themselves, no worries. No need to get so upset about it.
                Bob

Always ready for pizza

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/memb...ing-build.html

Comment

Maybe this forum isnt all thats its quacked up to be.....

Edit:-
                  Great first post btw.....
                  Last edited by brickie in oz; 05-17-2013, 05:52 PM.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Duck
                    Thanks,

Seems to have had the effect though

WD
                    Dont count on it.
                    Once you have given more advice to others than you have received you can start laying down the law.

Until then, pull ya head in.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Duck
                      Wow you guys sure do now how to stuff up a good thread (with your off subject crap)
                      Seems this has happened to a few good threads on this site.
                      What about getting back to the topic.

I am a newbie (member that is) but I have been hanging around this forum for a long while, I don't think new members need to be side tracked with rubbish especially on Lee's good thread.
                      Just my 20 cents
                      WD
                      I apologize for taking this thread into the weeds with my prior comments.

Thanks to those of you who have a sense of humor and are willing to share an occasional diversion to the technicals.

Lee, My sincere apologies to You for sending this thread off track. I would be very willing to remove my off track posts to this thread should you desire.

Chip
                      Chip

Comment

I really don't think Laurentius is Yakuza! Has enough martial arts skills not to need a gang to cover his ass.

As far as hi-jacking the thread, follow what is listed in the first 10 posts.
                        The rest sounds like good-ole-boyz back slapping or a night listening to thanks at the Oscars or Academy Awards.

The concept of a making it easy to find information is a mistake! Much better you have to dig through things to find something instead of it just given free on a golden platter.

Comment

Originally posted by Filthymutt View Post
                          Normal Japanese don't wear tattoos. Only the mobsters have tattoos or those with links to them. Hence the long sleeves and covering up.

We visited a waterslide park near Tokyo about two years ago and there was a big sign at the entrance NO TATTOOS ALLOWED. If you had one it had to be covered up. Saw several girls with large bandages on that were only meant for covering their ink.
                          You didn't read the sign right. It meant "no short guys" that point to the sky and say "DA PLANE! DA PLANE" --like from "Fantacy Island"!

I guess no professional athletes or entertainers are welcome either! Another stupid "stereotype rule", there is some really great body art out there and it is part of this culture..denying it doesn't make it go away!

Another stupid rule--Osaka mayor says that you cannot work in municipal government (any capacity .. even garbage collector? or any of the other unsavory jobs - traditionally listed for lower class (in Japan), honey wagon drivers, meat cutters, persons handling dead people etc) if you have a tatoo... Doesn't say--no exposed tatoo, simply tatoo. It was in a survey that public employees had to fill out.. if you lied, you would also be terminated.

If you don't like my post--don't read it!

Comment

Originally posted by Lburou
                            We need a post about once a month to keep it there. :hinthint:
                            I nominate Wild Duck.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

I second that nomination!--and the winner is..................................?

Comment

Hey Al,

Whats the office he running for? He has 5 posts, is he qualified? There are 2 slots open. BS, police chief and BS, cleaner upper. I hope he will consolidate the two. Some of us will be on retroactive probation. Are the wild duckd, peking??????

Comment

Working...
                                X