My oven Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My oven Plans

This is because their plans have a 6 inch "oven landing." I am assuming that this is a 6 in space to give room to build a arch, or to have some space in front.
    Or to have a vent and chimney. Cooking with combustion gasses in your face is going to get old really fast. I'd plan for a vent. Apologies if you've thought of this already, and are talking about something else.
    Is it worth it to get the bigger oven?
    Yes. In anything much under a 36 inch (900mm) you're really pressed for room. I'd get as close to this size as you can.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Now I am ready to order the oven. Been speaking with a FB dealer to order a Giardino 70. He recommended that I look into building a wood stand for my needs. I LIKE THAT IDEA!

Yes I know.... there will be some haters out there. But if done properly, I can't see this being a problem.

So here are my new plans. I took some photos from another forum and put them on my plans too.
      Attached Files

Comment

I finnally ordered my Giardino 70 oven today! I am soooooo excited!

Comment

My oven is coming along.

Comment

Mighty Tidy horrocks007!

Have you rolled it around yet to test the cart on that irregular surface?

Can't wait to see your first pizza.
            Last edited by Lburou; 08-06-2011, 10:17 AM.
            Lee B.
            DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Is that enough of a firebrake between the wood surface?

Comment

Originally posted by Lburou View Post
                Mighty Tidy horrocks007!

Have you rolled it around yet to test the cart on tha irregular surface?

Can't wait to see your first pizza.
                I did a test roll this morning, no problems! Doesn't roll fast due to it's weight, but no hang-ups on the surface. My patio is old mossy cobble stone. I ended up using 300 pound casters.

Originally posted by Forgeblast View Post
                Is that enough of a firebrake between the wood surface?
                I am using the 2" FB Board and 1/2" Wonderboard. I am copying other members' plans with regards to keeping my oven stand from burning to the ground.

Eventually this oven will be relocated on a more permanent home, but it could be 10 years down the road.

Anyone know how many bags of stucco mix I will need to do the dome?

Comment

More Photo's-
                  Insulation

Merle

1st coat succo.

Almost done!!!
                  Last edited by horrocks007; 08-07-2011, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Looks great, how long until you fire?

Comment

Depends on when I get the second coat of stucco (I hope tomorrow). 2 weeks after that, if not 3. I am hoping to cook pizzas for my wife's birthday on the 25th.

Comment

I'm pulling for the long term success with your oven & stand, it looks great. It has gone together pretty quickly, huh?
                        Lee B.
                        DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lburou View Post
                          I'm pulling for the long term success with your oven & stand, it looks great. It has gone together pretty quickly, huh?
                          2 winters later, and my oven is still in great condition. I need to stain my wood on the stand, will this summer.

The only problem I've had is the Mexican taverna tiles I put around the boarder have been cracking apart and falling off. I tried re-glueing them with liquid nails, which seems to hold better than thin-set, but the tiles are starting to flake apart from the surface. They are glued onto cement board, but I am thinking that they are getting wet and not drying out, so they are flaking apart. I think I should have put down some water proofer like you would in a tub or a shower. I guess this summer I will re-tile the surface with something less porous, and try to use some water proofing too.

Maybe I should be covering the oven more too. Kinda in a pain the a** to do, as I use it nearly every other weekend.

Comment

I like the mexican tile look but winter's freeze thaw cycle are killer on them.
                            Russell
                            Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Great job!
                              I would suggest porcelain tiles, but you can ask a tile dealer. They sell tiles specifically for outdoors. You may not be able to use a glazed tile without spalling (flaking).

Comment

That's a great Oven and brilliant Stand from which I am tempted to go down the wood stand route.

I have an oven which I would say is similar to the Casa2G100 (Approx 500kg including Firebricks etc).

Do you think a wooden stand would be adequate?

Could you provide some additional pictures showing the top (prior to adding your oven) of your stand as I would like to see how to applied the top joints / support?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X