Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CRACKS!!!!Stress rising

By the way,

attached is a picture of what I told my wife would take a couple of weekends!! (it took 16 weekends to be exact!!)

Neil

Comment

Hey Warrior I'm glad you got a laugh out of it.I hope everyone here can relate to at least some part of that story I can certainly relate to your point.It's easy to
      talk yourself into taking on a project at home and miscalculate the time it'll take to do it.We always say,however long you think it'll take to do it just double that and figure materials will be twice what you thought.Thanks for posting the picture.Looks like you did a great job on the design and execution.16 weekends does sound like a long time but hey that's a killer garden shed.Now if you mean you did the oven and flagstone in 4 months by yourself that's rally not bad considering all the interruptions when you work around the house.It looks really well done.The 4 arches are great and the grout lines look tight on the flag stone.Whats the dimensions on the flagstone?In Houston people charge from 16 to 24 dollars a sf for that retail.you saved yourself alot of money and still got a pro job.By the way is that reclaimed brick?

Comment

Thanks Bill

I did build the shed but that was in December and January. The 16 weekends was for the pizza oven and the flagstone patio. There are over 1,000 "antique style" (but new) bricks in the oven base and structure, along with 200 or so firebrick for the oven. The patio is Arizona "Rosa" and what you see is about 500 square feet.

austinmc - many apologies for hijacking your thread!

Comment

Ok back on track Austinmc.After rereading your post what stuck out this time is that you said you had what looks like patches.Do you mean it looks like someone tried to repair/patch the casting?

Comment

yes....exactly. It looked like there were patches that were repaired. You can see the outline of what looks like a patch. Not sure if that is what it is, but looks like one???

Comment

The interior of the oven is cast against a form so it would not be unusual nor harmful to see small void or tiny pock marks.if there is a patch it could just be a small repair.Are you saying the crack originates from the patched area?If it doesn't don't sweat it.Probably time to have another beer.....

Bill

Comment

Working...
              X