WHich Oven ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WHich Oven ?

If you look in wikipedia, it has the numbers for adobe, they are not the same as for a clay body. Adobe is loam, of which clay is a component.

Comment

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
      If you look in wikipedia, it has the numbers for adobe, they are not the same as for a clay body. Adobe is loam, of which clay is a component.
      Thanks Tom,
      It seems the thermal conductivity is substantially lower for adobe, although that may be accounted for by the lower % of clay in the mix. I had thought the clay content was much higher. I'm now more curious than I was before, to find out whether the firing of a given sample of a clay body will increase its thermal conductivity. I still may do a test if I can find the time.
      Dave

CIGR-AGENG 2012 - Full Papers
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Hi Woodfiredoven,

Are you still here? If so, please post some photos of your Clay and Abode ovens.

Comment

Hi Laurentius, if you look in the photo gallery around page 3and 4 you will see a couple of my ovens, thank you have a great day

Comment

Originally posted by WoodFireOvens View Post
            Hi Laurentius, if you look in the photo gallery around page 3and 4 you will see a couple of my ovens, thank you have a great day
            I hit the the link and they show random photos. Is there anything that can lead me to your?

Comment

When in photo gallery, click on finished ovens, should be there around page 3 and 4

Comment

Originally posted by WoodFireOvens View Post
                When in photo gallery, click on finished ovens, should be there around page 3 and 4
                I found it, the best way is to hit (W) and your ovens are first. They are huge and you look totally into them. BTW, nice locks.

Comment

Glad you found them, and yes i have been totally into the WFO for about 25 years now, always learing and trying differnt types, thank you, may you always be happy and healthy

Comment

Are you living in Japan now?

Comment

Yes, for the last 20+ years. Where are you in Kali?

Comment

Jeeez, guys, are you 12?

Comment

Can I suggest you both go back and delete these abusive posts. This is not in the spirit of the forum that members love. If you must resort to insults then PM each other.
                          Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Hey. What ever happened to Nick?........
                            " Life is art, live a masterpiece"

Comment

Originally posted by thickstrings View Post
                              Hey. What ever happened to Nick?........
                              He doesn't have time for the forum, he trying to finish his oven before winter arrive. Everybody, that finished their should be cooking. Al, air drop me some Roo-roast, loin and tail flank.

Comment

A well cooked piece of 'roo would more than rival a squirrel burger, depending on the skills or the chef I expect IMHO. Regardless I would rather hear about the eating quality rather than rubbish talk.
                                A firm grip is a good thing. Regardless of what is being gripped.
                                Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

Working...
                                X