Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Questions/Clarification,

G'day
    The sands the aggregate, the fire clays the glue that holds those particles together so they don't move when it sets.
    In saying that paving can get laid on a layer of sand as long as the surface under that is hard packed like deco granite machine packed down. But the edge must be contained otherwise the sand will act like little ball bearings and allow the pavers to move.
    If you using board and its smooth and the surface underneath is true and smooth I don't recon you have to bother, no use adding another step if its not required.
    Anyway those are my thoughts on that
    Regards dave
    Measure twice
    Cut once
    Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
    My Door
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Re: Questions/Clarification,

Hi MMissler,

Your questions and worries reminds me of the headaches I too endured during my build. Living in Bulgaria caused its problems with materials not being available as well as my lack of the local lingo.
      All that being said, rest assured that the help from the guys & gals on this forum is priceless and to which I am gratefully indebted.

Not sure how far along with the build you are.
      But thinking of the levelling before it has been proven that it needs to be done has to be taken out of your mind.
      Concentrate on ensuring your slab or base top is level
      I too pondered over the levelling material to be used but that was before I came to start, so I ensured that my base was level to begin with taking time to ensure the shuttering was level all way round.

Even if your top level of wall support is not level the top slab for your hearth can be made perfect by taking time with levelling the shuttering thereby not having to worry about any level mix under your bricks or floor insulation.

Take your time and check everything twice before committing to concrete .
      Good luck with your build and keep positive buddy

Comment

Working...
      X