X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dmun
    replied
    Re: white oven vs black oven

We keep hearing about masonry heaters, and white ovens, and russian ovens, and so forth, but nobody here has reported on building one, and how it works. Other than the big bakery ovens that Alf works on, this is terra incognita here at FB.

So share the results of your research. We'd like to hear about it.

Leave a comment:

• fsucpa
    started a topic white oven vs black oven

white oven vs black oven

Still planning my build, been lurking and reading here for a while. Have a couple of questions. The Finnish company Tulikivi produces a wide range of modular heaters and cook stoves, using this super effecient masonry finnish heater idea. I guess from reading that it must have a lot of mass to heat up, that slowly releases over time in the house, and also seems to get so hot that it has some kind of secondary combustion that leaves no soot to exit the chimney. Pyromasse, in Canada uses this idea to make a white oven, but I can't wrap my brain around how that can be used for my pizza oven.

I have read alot of posts here on this site, and am pretty sure I don't want to build a A.S. oven, but have seen no discussions on white ovens or any along the lines of the finnish masonry heaters. Can someone shed some light on how these things fit into the grand scheme of ovens and oven design, functionality and ease of use.

Thanks

Tom
Working...
X