• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyerema
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dyerema
    replied
    We are allowed open flame and outdoor fires and outdoor fore cooking. It’s just kelowna with the bad approach.

Leave a comment:

• ogopogodude
    replied
    Are you ever concerned with neighbours calling in to the City ByLaw agent regarding "open" flame ? I certainly am not. All my neighbours are "normal" and also have outdoor fireplaces (wood burning). Besides, .. the initial smoke sure smells good.

Leave a comment:

• ogopogodude
    replied
    yep, .. I am a kelowna-ite ... That is kinda cool.

Leave a comment:

• Dyerema
    replied
    Thanks ogooogo....I am in lake Country. It seems we are neighbours?

Leave a comment:

• ogopogodude
    replied
    that is magical. Congrats.

Leave a comment:

• Dyerema
    replied
    First Pizza party yesterday. As I told my friends I had finished curing, the numbers of attendees to my first pizza attempt grew. Last night 17 people and 15 pizzas later, it was a huge success!

Leave a comment:

• Dyerema
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dyerema
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dyerema
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dyerema
    replied
    Can anyone tell me what to expect for the temperature of the outside if the dome?
    42” dome; 3” of fb insulation and 4” across the top. (Can put another 2” of insulation as I have another box.

I am trying to design the building and clearance to the dome will depend on outside temperature if dome. I suspect it will be cool to the touch (4.5” medium duty fire brick and three to four inches of fb blanket)

thanks

Leave a comment:

• Dyerema
    replied
    It really seems like thanksgiving turkey is a real possibility (now our Canadian thanksgiving happened October 14, so technically I missed this goal, but one holiday is as good as the next when you are cooking in an oven you built with your own hands!!!

days away from curing fires now.

Thanks to all who contributed to my understanding of this build process!!

Leave a comment:

• Dyerema
    replied

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied
    Yes, just lay the wire on the concrete slab and place the insulation over it. Then make some loops on the exposed ends that you can attach onto.
    Last edited by david s; 10-24-2019, 02:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dyerema
    replied
    My dream for the chimney

Leave a comment:

Working...
X