No announcement yet.

Planning stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to add pictures now and it’s not working again. But the door hollow. No insulation in the back all steel frame

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	435355 The only one I can attach.
      Last edited by Dal; 02-10-2021, 06:17 PM.

Comment

I may end with an inner movable solid door and an outer door. With chimney chamber in between so when I need a slow cooking heat I use solid door and outer door will be mainly for decor . What you think??

Comment

pics limited to abt 1.25 mg up to about 5 per post. Most phones take pic at a much higher resolution and size so you have to reduce size through one of many photo apps. Also a hollow steel door will not be very heat efficient without insulation. Carbon steel has a very high thermal conductivity value (aka K).
          Russell
          Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dal View Post
              I may end with an inner movable solid door and an outer door. With chimney chamber in between so when I need a slow cooking heat I use solid door and outer door will be mainly for decor . What you think??
              My outer door is not just for looks. I call it a "storm door". It's primary function is to protect the oven entry from a drivng rain. One very cold morning I went to check on the oven and found a feral cat laying in the entry . That broke me from leaving the oven unattended with the storm door not in place.
              Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Gulf : thank you for tip . I don’t think I will have that cat problem I have my guard dog or this what he thinks

Comment

Your welcome. Yes, Cujo probably has any cat problems under control lol.
                  Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Went treasure hunt today look what I got for 10$ 2” thick

Comment

The pics are small and not readable.
                      Russell
                      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jF3m7SKDq6pGJUMg7

Comment

Quick update, concrete is finally poured. Today it 10 days . Day one of laying cinder blocks. Weather prediction for warm temps this weekend. Let’s the building begin. Will need guidance soon

Comment

Today work , tomorrow will rebar add concrete and build frame .

Comment

Have you worked out your floor height? Three blocks high for the stand usually results in a pretty low floor level. Most folk like it about elbow or belly button height. You do get used to whatever you've got, but once built you won't be able to change it.
                              Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Thank you David, if you look at my second picture I add another row. So it will be 32 “ high. And add 3-4”for oven base. I am tall and so is my husband. This was a free fit . I will pour the concrete inside next weekend. And planning to do more on spring break .

Comment

Working...
                                X