Pricing firebrick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pricing firebrick

You guys are all spoilt!!! $6.30a brick here in $NZ!

Comment

I called HC Muddox in Sacramento a while back and although they do not sell direct to the public they can sell seconds to the public for 0.30 a brick. I have not visited them to find out what a second looks like but if you are in the Sacramento area it may be worth the phone call.
      I enjoy cooking with wine, sometimes I even put it in the food I'm cooking. --- Julia Child

http://picasaweb.google.com/mattluttropp

Comment

Matt - there was a builder in Reno (Acoma) that bought the seconds - worked for him. I think Dusty and Frenchy did as well ( Nor cal builders)

Les...
        Check out my pictures here:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Thanks Les, in the end I think I am going to sign up for the Forno Bravo Kit as I am not crazy about the idea of driving to Sacramento only to find out that the seconds are not quite good enough or there are not enough of them. However, if you are in the Sacramento area I bet it is well worth a field trip to check it out.

matt
          I enjoy cooking with wine, sometimes I even put it in the food I'm cooking. --- Julia Child

http://picasaweb.google.com/mattluttropp

Comment

Hi guys,

Yes, I just bought "seconds" for $0.30 a pop. I followed Dusty's advice and I have more than enough "perfect" pieces for my floor and dome. Some discoloration, but that is not a concern for me. HC Muddox in Sacramento, CA.

aceves

Comment

I was lucky enough to find two pallets of Pacific Clay seconds for $50 apiece.

Comment

Gianna, that is a great price. I just ordered some Pacific Clay bricks from Home Depot and paid $1.16 ... Which I thought was not bad.

Comment

cholme,

$1.16 is about the going rate for PC firebricks. The local building supply guy charges $1.20. The satisfaction of building such a cool oven that is thousands less than a precast one far exceeds the $300 in bricks you spend, IMO.

Post lotsa pics!

Comment

Hello. I live in Southern California. Can you tell me where you bought your bricks from? Thanks.

Comment

I had Home Depot special order them. They are from Pacific Clay (Castaic Brick) and cost $1.16. I got my fireclay from Ace Building Supply in Van Nuys. Hope that helps. Good luck with your build, post some pics.

Chris

Comment

Can anyone tell me where I can find firebrick and the necessary supplies to build myself an brick oven. I am in Phoenix, AZ.

Comment

Do a google on refractory supplies, ie ej bartells or check sites like craigslist or Habitat for humanity stores called Restore.
                          Russell
                          Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

There are a lot of places in Phoenix to get firebrick, just search for "masonry suppliers".

Comment

Compared to Perth, Australia prices, they are almost free!
                              JT
                              Willetton, Perth
                              Western Australia
                              My build: http://woodfiredovenperth.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Originally posted by Foreigner View Post
                                Can anyone tell me where I can find firebrick and the necessary supplies to build myself an brick oven. I am in Phoenix, AZ.
                                Marvel masonry, Phoenix brick yard and most Home Depots wil have them. Marvel also has fire clay!

Drop a note if you need other suppliers

Merry Christmas

Chris
                                Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

Working...
                                X