Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which way to go, kit or build from scratch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which way to go, kit or build from scratch?

Originally posted by ikhan42 View Post
    nissanneill,

The cost of the bricks arent really that big a deal to me as the kits are more expensive then if I biought the proper refactory bricks. Time is my main issue, I have starte my own business as of august 2008 and just cant afford the time of to build the igloo oven on the top ch as I would want the inside perfect. I know there are people in Sydney that will build the oven for me but all they seem to dois mound up dirt break bricks and lay them any old way. I want something that will last so that isnt an option for me.

My wife is also on mt back as that part of our backyard i looking pretty shabby at the moment and I dont blame her cause it gets to me too.

I mentioned on one of my other posts but I am from Sydney live not to far from Baulkham hills.

Thanks again
    Ikhan42
    look up Fields Furnace Refractories in Wetherill Park, speak to Andrew or Alan. They will be able to steer you in the right direction. If you get stuck, Im in Melbourne on 0451 470 371
    Last edited by Johnny the oven man; 11-09-2009, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Re: Which way to go, kit or build from scratch?

ikhan42
      the following contributing members all have their location of Sydney. You might like to do a search of each and maybe send them a private email to see if you can benefit from their builds.

aj7877 Sydney
      ecsk Sydney
      Jaycw Sydney,
      ikhan42 Sydney
      Maximo Sydney
      MikeyMann Sydney
      Rodneyf Sydney,
      Starman Sydney
      Wilson1000 Sydney

You mentioned
      I would want the inside perfect
      but you rarely if ever after using the oven look at the brickwork inside.
      Mine is no amazing masterpiece , it is what I would call average to maybe slightly above average, but by hell it works a treat considering that it was built(the dome) in 2 days.
      Your oven's performance is far better than how or what it looks like inside, half the time it is covered in soot!
      Better to have the outside looking great!

Neill
      Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
      Neill’s kitchen underway
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Working...
      X