Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any other South African oven builders on this forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are there any other South African oven builders on this forum?

Would be great Johan. Where will you be based in SA?

Comment

Hi Dolf

I live in Vaalpark, Sasolburg.

Will hit you with some questions as time goes on on suppliers and products and so on.

Cheers

Johan

Comment

Sure, no problem :-)
        Keep well

Comment

Manne - just started a new link over here: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f52/...nfo-11834.html

Hope you can shed some light on the topic.

tks
          / Rossco

Comment

The advantage of working alone is that industrial action is limited to a minimum most days, but you will appreciate that I had some fun getting the stone lintel in place all on my own :-)

Comment

Good Morning from PMB. I have recently joined this forum. Progress so far: I have tasted pizza from a colleague of my wife, who has built a FB oven. Very nice experience.
              I have some sources fro bricks here in KZN.

At home I am trying to find a good spot where to put my brick oven, as it is not a small structure, and once it is in, it is pretty permanent. So it definitely needs some thinking/planning.

Maybe you want to exchange cell numbers, via pm ? If you subscribe to this forum there is a facility to send me an e-mail. Potjie would work nicely in there once the temp has dropped a bit.

Keep Well !

Comment

Ja Manne - I have to say that I am quite disappointed with the "vrot" (I can think of a stronger term to describe them) pizzas available in PE. Maybe JHB has got better offerings?

Hopefully the much anticipated "Dolf's Pizzeria" will be open for business when I next swing by JHB. Would be great to have a nice boere pizza under the ou kameeldoringboom!!!
                / Rossco

Comment

Maybe the wind in PE blew seasand into the mix:-)

Jhb has better series of quisine ingeneral so chances are...

Dolfs pizzas will be served under a Boekenhout tree in BellaBella district :-)

Comment

Progress, I have located two refractory businesses. one in Jacobs, and one in Camperdown. The chap on the phone reckons, it will take me two trips with my bakkie, to get the materials home. He did unfortunately not give me a ballpark figure. I have also got a spot, of which i am not sure? Next to my carport, there is a 1m80 bank, on which the lean-to of my carport rests. My idea was to strip the carport and dig a space out in the bank and hide the oven in the bank??? Wat se julle? The question is that once the oven is in there I will re-erect the trusses and the roof of the carport, this time on bricked up piers, but when it rains the rain will hit the dome of the WFO??? Would that be a problem? The added advantageis that even in hot or wet weather conditions, I can cook!
                    Nou daar is nog 'n grap oor twee ouens wat in die kroeg sit en drink. Die ene ou gaan terug in die tyd, waarin hy vertel hoe toe hy nog dertig was sy wurm so sterk was dat hy dit selfs nie kon buig nie met sy beide hande, en so gaan hy aan, dat toe hy veertig was, hy met sy ene hand die ding amper vyftien grade kon buig, en toe hy vyftig was, kon hy die ding verneder to 45 grade met net een hand. En hy eindig om te vertel dat hy nou amper zestig jaar oud is en dat hy nou die ding so honderdentagtig grade kan buig, net met een hand ! Die ander ou wat so langs hom sit en drink vra vir hom, "wat probeer jy my nou eintlik vertel"? waarop hy antwoord: "hoe ouer ek word' hoe sterker ek word!

Comment

Hi
                      Go ahead without fear. If you look at the pics on line some guys make pizza in the snow. As long as your insulation is good, it will work both ways!

Verstand word nie saam sterker nie :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X