Our Outdoor Fireplace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Outdoor Fireplace

I think most people and the builder thought we were nuts when we designed an outdoor fireplace into the addition we did on the house. But when the sun goes down, Spain can be a very cool country in the fall, winter and summer.

A naya is a covered area that is very common in Spanish houses. We put a fireplace on the end of it. There are two arches on the other outside wall and the opposite wall is a sliding glass door leading to the dining room and kitchen. We purchased an artificial stone fireplace for the trim and it's lined with firebricks.

We have enjoyed quite a number of fires on cooler nights and it has definately been enjoyed by guests after a wood fired meal

..... and we even have used it to roast red peppers over the coals....

If you have the space and access to wood, it's a fun way to extend your outdoor season....we love it!
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Re: Our Outdoor Fireplace

Jim,
    Is that your back? I can't tell. Your house brings back so many memories. I looks great.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Re: Our Outdoor Fireplace

James, that's my good friend Lewis roasting the peppers.....archive from New Years....5 days of pizza, roasting and baking....I'm the cook and photographer....eater and drinker....
      sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

Working...
      X