Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Outdoor Kitchen Design Help!!!

Rhythmdoc

PS- this site is addictive! I think my wife is starting to question my fidelity with the amount of time I'm spending on my laptop.........
    That's easy to overcome, get her totally involved, not just the critic, but in planning, get her hands dirty during the build and maybe let her try her hand at tiling/decorating the dome. I know that she will enjoy it immensely once finished, so SHARE the whole experience.

Neill
    Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
    Neill’s kitchen underway
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Neil,

Thanks for the good advice. Suffice it to say we are both excited for our outdoor oasis! The Artigiano is crated and being shipped out today. Should arrive in NJ late next week.
      All the permits(yawn) have been submitted, so depending when they get approved we will get started. Rumor has it the turnaround on the permits is pretty quick as my area was devastated by Superstorm Sandy and there are obviously a lot of permits being pushed through. We shall see.....
      I will post pics as things begin to take shape.

Comment

I'm in the process of building an outdoor kitchen as we speak. I thought long and hard about the layout, decided on counter height countertops instead of bar height. I put the oven in front of the main countertop facing the seating area so they could see inside the oven. Also decided to make the countertop 42" deep one level (considered a drop down) so I could swing the peel around a put the pizzas directly on the counter without knocking over any drinks.

Comment

Hey Ideas,
          I'm curious to see your layout. Any pics?
          My job is underway. The outdoor fireplace is almost finished, and am waiting for plumbing/electrical inspections so we can get going on the kitchen/pizza oven. A surprise to no one I'm sure, but the process is taking longer than expected

Comment

Working...
          X