Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A pieceapizzapiepottery: Input Requested

Originally posted by Xabia Jim View Post
    Nice work Marcel, put me down for a couple!
    (M) "a couple" ... ?? Does that mean you are a twin? Schizophrenic ? Married?

(M) But speaking seriously, it sounds as though you would like to purchase 2 at $20 each. I appreciate your vote of confidence but I haven't even made any more yet.

(M) The other problem is that I think that shipment to Spain may be prohibitive. In any case, I'm aware of your vote of confidence and when (if) I decide to fire more, I'll get in contact with you as you may have returned to Michigan by then.

Muchos Gracias, Sen~or,

Ciao,

Marcello
    Last edited by Marcel; 05-13-2007, 04:06 PM. Reason: Wrong State.
    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, ...
    but no simpler!" (Albert Einstein)

Comment

A pieceapizzapiepottery: Input Requested

(M) Hi, fellow builders. I made some ceramic pizza slices as tiles for the horizontal face of my slab. They are each hand painted with glazes. I'm thinking of marketing a few on eBay but have found nothing similar with which to establish an asking price, so I'm coming to this forum for your guesses of a fair starting price? $____

(M) I'd be grateful if you would NOT post a new thread title on top of this one for a few days so this post won't get buried before I get your input.

(M) Here are 2 images. The chunk of cheese and the egg salad are edible, but be careful with your teeth on the pizza!

================================================== ====

(M) To justify this posting under "Outdoor Kitchen Design" I'll include the following URL to show that under construction:

marceld/OutdoorKitchenEtc - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

(M) Thanks for your guestimate of an asking price per pizza tile: $____

P.S. It would not be helpful if you flatter me by posting a greater price than you honestly feel each is worth.

Ciao,

Marcel __________________
      "Everything should be made as simple as possible, ...
      but no simpler!" (Albert Einstein)

Comment

I'm still pretty new to the site and just found this post..hope you are still contemplating marketing these. I think they are great. As a creator of unique things in my businesses (bakery and masonry) I have learned, and someone else mention it, art is worth what people will pay for it. Don't under estimate yourself, those are completely unique, nobody else is making them..you must charge a premium for them Id say 35.00 plus shipping. when you look at the "custom" tiles on the market most are simply custom painted after being made in a mold. you have a potential product that for each one you make there will not be another one like it..ever.
        High end consumers will literally buy anything if they like it and usually at a price you and I would say "are you nuts I'm not paying that much". It took me several years to rid myself of that mentality just because I wouldn't pay someone what I get paid doesn't mean I shouldnt charge as much asthe market will allow for a service or product that cannot be had elsewhere. I looked at some of my saved ceramic sites at the custom tiles and people are getting $30-40 for tile, again that are form made and hand painted. Id go for it. Forget about e-bay though for now.. once the world sees them its only a matter of time before someone is making them also. Stick to your local market an build a base there..you have got something here run with it or someone else will..
        Good luck
        http://www.palmisanoconcrete.com

Comment

Very unique, Marcel. You have talent.

Have you settled on a price yet? You shouldnt cheat yourself on your own labor and skill.

Will there be a FB member discount?
          Mark

Life is too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

I've thrown many pots and hand built items too.
            And I must say that crust is awesome. I don't know how you got that effect, but it is really, really nice.

Now I don't know how much of a market there is for tiles like that.

I would probably pay somewhere in the $12-$15 range.

Now... How do I incorporate a few of those into my oven design?

Good work!
            My thread:
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...ress-2476.html
            My costs:
            http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Xr0fvgxuh4s7Hw
            My pics:
            http://picasaweb.google.com/dawatsonator

Comment

Just saw these for the first time. Are you still contemplating selling these? I would definitely pick up one or two for my oven. My plan is to do my upper enclosure as a tile mosaic, so having one or two of these would be fantastic.

I think about 20 bucks a slice would sound right, but it all depends on the market you decide to sell them. At a flea market you might get 3 dollars, but get someone at some eclectic gallery to sell them on consignment (or maybe a gourmet supply store in a nice part of town) and I wouldn't be surprised if you get nearly 50 bucks.

Good luck and save a slice or two for me!
              "You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."

-- Yogi Berra

Forno Tito

Comment

Working...
              X