Outdoor lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Outdoor lighting

what about a hat with a lamp on it? I have twinkle lights all round and a chandelier mounted on the side of the oven so I have lots of ambiance. I just occasionally need to see directly inside the oven and my hands are too full to hold a flashlight. I will let you know if I come up with something.

Comment

I've got a wall opposite my oven. I'm thinking about using track lighting to shine into the oven.
      GJBingham
      -----------------------------------
      Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Hi all,
        I'm at the point of building the new patio roof which will need to have good room type illumination (won't be able to get anything less past the other half who wants stadium type light power) as well as mood lighting.
        Being constructed from rhs steel, I need to include adjustable down lighting over the eating area but Dusty has given me enthusiasm to look into gas lighting as I will be piping natural gas to the wall heaters so can illuminate the area as well.
        The kitchen bench area will be well lit probably with a pair of fluoros, possibly like a pool table reflector to constrain the light to that area.
        The oven has wonderful lighting with 2 x 240 v downlights mounted in the chimney void and aimed across the oven opening onto the floor. See:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...10-a-2119.html

permalink #7 for the details and pics

The pic below was in the early stages before the doors were made and fitted.
        The oven lights have not yet been cleaned and work an absolute treat, no shadows to block your view and really shows off the whole ambience of the oven.
        Thoroughly recommended for those who can make and fit the very simple fittings.

Neill
        Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
        Neill’s kitchen underway
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

What's the foil for? Trying to keep your pizzas clean??
          GJBingham
          -----------------------------------
          Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

I will try to post some pictures of our lighting. We have a covered patio, post and beam construction with exposed 1x6 T&G clear cedar. We put low voltage track lighting in the eves to accent the T&G. We also put in a low voltage spot for the pizza oven and fire place. The spot does a pretty good job of lighting the pizza hearth. However it does not cast a lot of light into the oven. If I have a good flame it is not an issue. When The fire is dying down and I do not add wood, I need a flash light. I am not sure how I would do it different. The low voltage circuit is on a dimmer and I can adjust the brightness. I also have some 3" can lighting in the overhead beams for the patio. They are also on a dimmer.

Comment

just completed lighting in my unit. I used recessed rope lights. Its easy to insert wood 1 X 1.5 to leave indent in concrete pour. I run conduit to elec box. I cut off the plug on rope light and hardwire to switch inside waterproof box. You do not need a receptiacal box at the lighting end just a conduit. I use a switch / single recepticle combo box in case I need to plug something in. You may have to grind off the tip of the switch to let the box cover close. I used a piece of garden hose as conduit to get my tricky curves done. This fits right inside regular 3/4 inch pvc conduit. To install the lights I drill a tapcon into the recess slot with a 6" piece of #12 copper wire to use like a twist tie - very simple. Lights are not bright enough for task lighting but help and look great even when I'm not cooking. They are cheap and last 10,000 hours. Well worth the effort in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
              X