Outdoor kitchen with only wood/charcoal - concept and ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor kitchen with only wood/charcoal - concept and ideas

I am planning to build a pizza oven, and I was considering other things I want to have in the area, as I want to get the whole design done up front before I pour the concrete. The outdoor kitchen concept came to me, and it's more than what I was expecting to build but I might as well go the whole 9 yards, as it'll maximise the use of the space I have.

So I'm just putting together a wishlist of features before I put pen to paper. My idea is that it'll wood and charcoal only, as the area is not attached to the house and getting gas connected will be exorbitantly expensive. I'm not sure about having a faucet. It will be useful, but will also be expensive. I'm also on the fence about having electricity connected so I can run appliances, but I'm leaning towards no.

So far, these are the things I'm going to have:
    • PIzza oven on a brick base
    • Brick charcoal grill
    • Some storage in the brick
    • Some bench space
    • Faucet (maybe)
    • Table
    • Shade (shade sail or pergola)
    Anyone have ideas or input?

Hey there. I just ran across your thread and thought I'd say hi, as I plan to do something along the same lines as you are. I won't get around to starting for a month or two. All I plan on doing is an outdoor fireplace, a brick oven and a place to grill, all very near to each other, but separated a bit. Have you made any progress on your plans?
    My Build:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/s...ina-20363.html

"Believe that you can and you're halfway there".

Comment

Originally posted by NCMan View Post
      Have you made any progress on your plans?
      Hi, not yet - I am still drawing it up. Turns out that I have less space than I thought, but I have settled on a pizza oven and a covered brick bbq fireplace with a chimney. With these, there should be just enough bench space left over for a sink and fridge. After completing the plans, I will do it in sections - lay the foundations for one structure at a time, starting with the pizza oven.

I'll post my progress here

Comment

Originally posted by NCMan View Post
        outdoor fireplace, a brick oven and a place to grill,
        Just wondering, have you thought about combining the grill with the fireplace? That's what I'm thinking of doing, but does it work?

Comment

Yes. I actually found a good alternative to having a separate grill. One that is made for cooking over/in a fireplace. This'll save me some much needed space.
          Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 01-15-2021, 10:09 AM.
          My Build:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/s...ina-20363.html

"Believe that you can and you're halfway there".

Comment

I would provide some kind of rack on which you can put dishes, containers and food. So that there is no clutter on the table.

Comment

Working...
            X