dusty's gittin' done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: dusty's gittin' done!

Where is the beer tap? I remember my visit during the crazy construction phase. You deserve to be stoked about the results. I envy your year round opp. I have shut mine down for now. We may get snow flurries and a few days of freezing as well. Les can attest. BTW, I notice George has been checking in, all right!
    An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

Originally posted by Acoma View Post
      Where is the beer tap?
      Don't tell me you missed the beer tap!!! It's right there on the counter. Come on over, bring the fam., and I'll show you.

dusty

Comment

Oh...I almost forgot. Robert, please notice the tap handle. Humm Baby! I'm sure your wife would appriciate it even if you don't.

dusty

Comment

Originally posted by telehort View Post
          looks fantastic Dusty!
          Thanks Scott. Come on over and check it out soon. Today I am going to try to finish the third slate for my counter top. I have done so many that I think I have found the BEST way - but it is not the EASY way. I have found the best success sanding them by hand.

When I finish the last one, I can set them all, do the tile, grout it, and then,
          DONE!

dusty

Comment

Dusty, I'm not ashamed to say that I am jealous as hell...the beer tap and built in kegerator are the icing on the cake. This is the one item my wife refuses to allow. I'm allowed beer, just NO tap and keg. Seems to think the ways of her 2 beeroholic brothers and dad will wear off on me if I have a keg...twisted logic I know.
            Anyway, great job...REALLY

RT

Comment

Thanks RT.
              I'm very happy with my outdoor kitchen-with wood fired oven- project. And, yes, the kegerator is definatly icing..Whipped cream! I really like it.
              Sorry you couldn't convince the wife.I know how they can be. I would certainly have been pleased without it, but...well...you know...I don't want to rub any salt.

Sales Pitch:
              It's great for entertaining, keg beer is cost effective, and it can be easily converted to a mini fridge by simply removing the keg and putting in the shelves. Hey...it could happen!

I wanted to post this picture for Robert. He's a Dodger fan. But other than that he seems to be a fairly well-rounded guy.

dusty

Comment

Hi Dusty,

I'm new to the forum and still in the planning stages for my outdoor kitchen and going through threads here drooling over the great work you folks have done! Very inspirational, I might add.

Your kitchen looks great, and I really do love the slate counter tops! Very nice!

Travis
                TravisNTexas

Comment

Much appriciated!

Oh...my oven is 41" in diameter. I'm very pleased with it's size. I certainly don't need a bigger one - nobody seems to want to put their pizza in while there is a couple in there already (even though there is room) - but I wouldn't want it any smaller either. I have lots of room for a big turkey with small coal piles on each side.

dusty

Comment

Yes, it is true. I was raised a Dodger fan. Now all we need to do is find a way to beat Philly. Dusty, you should invite the Giants team over, there not playing
                    An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
                    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

I think that's the first tip jar on the forum

Comment

Originally posted by BaconGrease View Post
                        I think that's the first tip jar on the forum
                        That was my wife's idea. Funny how you noticed that all the way from Virginia. My pals pour beers right out of that tap, inches away from the jar, and don't even know it's there.

dusty

Comment

Wanted to update you all on my progress when I was totally done, by I'm not sure if that is EVER going to happen.

But, I have:

Finished cutting and polishing all of the slate counter tops. By the time I was done, I had gotten pretty good at it.

Installed all of the tile behind and under the counter tops. I have only to grout the small area behind the beer tap.

Installed my three antique mahogony doors that I salvaged years ago from the classic old Senator Hotel in downtown Sac. For years I had wondered just what I was going to do with them. One of those "in the way" but "to-good-to-throw-away" things. My friend Ray stripped, sanded, and finished them. They came out smooth as glass and beautiful.

Today we are firing up the oven for pizza, bread, pita bread, and something, probally a chicked with potatoes and veggies in my new, green dutch oven.

dusty

Comment

wow that is awesome, nice work (but you know that)

Comment

Looks fantastic Dusty. Great job!

Les...
                              Check out my pictures here:
                              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Wow Dusty. It's a work of art. Really nice job.
                                Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

Working...
                                X