Fires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fires

I'm with you George, we are trying to get to know our oven's preferences, and this last burn we did the slow and steady. It was calmer for us and the oven! I love the flames licking up into the chimney as well as anybody, but I am not exactly at a calm state during that time, but rather vigilant.

Comment

I am a big guy so I think I would go for the tuba pizza...deeper flavor tones!
      Dutch

Originally posted by Ed_ View Post
      Viola pizza? What an odd choice of toppings. I suppose it's probably better than trombone pizza, but still a bit crunchy for my taste.
      "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
      "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

There goes the PG rating.
        James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Sorry dad!

I didn't say one bad word! It must be your minds that are conjuring nasties and thinking dark thoughts.

Apparently I'm not quite so truthful either. I fired the oven today. It always seems like the same thing over and over.

Perhaps a combination of the types of wood used changes the way the oven fires. I used a little more hardwood today than normal, but not way off my norm. I did a top down burn with woodshop oak for kindling. 15 minutes into it, I had a blazing hot fire. The dome was starting to clear at the top and I was getting a bit worried that I should give it a break for a few minutes. I came back 10 or so minutes later, gave it a couple more logs - poof - they're on fire immediately! 30 minutes into the burn, the dome was half clean. I threw on 2 more logs and watched the inferno burn a bit longer before it got too hot to stay there any longer. By 40 minutes, the dome was white and ready to go.

The sourdough and Ciabatta enjoyed the ride. So much for a long slow burn.
          GJBingham
          -----------------------------------
          Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Originally posted by james View Post
            There goes the PG rating.
            James
            You have to admit this must be a really safe place for it though... after all, how many under 18 year-olds will comb through a WFO forum looking for smutt???
            "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Working...
            X