Shep's Oven Firing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shep's Oven Firing

Even if you have solid refractory under the floor, you can wrestle your way through it. Shep, first thing is to fully get your oven up to temperature and get some serious heat and bake some great pizza. 750F minimum. Go for it, and see how it does.

The biggest problem with an uninsulated floor is that it will be more difficult to keep the floor at pizza temperature when you make a series of pizzas in a row. But first things first. I've been there with the uninsulated floor (my Scott oven had 9" of brick and concrete for the floor), and there are ways of working around the floor problem.

Let us know how it goes.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Will 2 inches of refractory cement "Mizzou" provide sufficient insulation for the hearth base.

Comment

Will 2 inches of refractory cement "Mizzou" provide sufficient insulation for the hearth base.
        Mizzou castable plus does not seem to have any insulating properties. The linked page stresses resistance to spalling and slag penetration, which would more of a solid product.
        My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Thanks for all your help, I think that i have solved my problem, After building a (holy Crap Fire) I have no problem, I was afraid to build a hot enough fire. Thanks again, By the way about 3 weeks ago i ordered a cook book from Forno Bravo, I have not recieved any contact from them, what is the customary delivery time table?

Bye for now

Barry Shepherd

Comment

Working...
          X