Yesterday I had a forest official stop by and give me a ticket for running a fire in my Pompei style oven. I have a steel vent structure and insulated chimney with spark guard screen in top, however that is not good enough I guess. I paid for the ticket by selling the guy 6 loaves of fresh bread. Anyway, today I used a propane 'tiger torch' to heat things up. Believe you me, that beast gets hot, but, after 2 hrs the dome and floor temperature never got over 800 deg. There just is not the 'oomph' with propane compared to wood for heating the brick right through. I suppose if I left it running for another hour or two things might have gotten to temp. at the cost of a 100lb propane fill.
No announcement yet.
No open fires in British Columbia