Fio's Oven Curing Confessional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seven day old oven

My 7day old oven. Can I start a fire yet? It has been over 100 degrees every day since

Comment

Curing Instructions

Tom,

Great looking spot, and great looking oven. Congratulation. Now, with just a little more patience, you are going to be off and cooking.

You should cure your oven over about 7 days, bring it up to heat (and cooling off each time) slowly. It's worth going slow.

Here is a link to the instructions:

http://fornobravo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=767

You're close!
      James
      Last edited by james; 07-21-2006, 05:30 PM.
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

patience, parience, patience

Thanks for the moral support. Now that it is done it is hard to wait however I will follow your advice. Im excited now.

Comment

Roast chicken after a couple of days

You won't be ready for pizza, but at least you can roast a chicken and a pan of vegetables after 3-4 days of fires. You can put that retained heat to good use, and not worry about getting the oven too hot. The chicken will be great.

The good news is that you will be amazed at how well she cooks. Now that's something to look forward to.

James
          Pizza Ovens
          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Huh??

I envy you guys in the states with all this heat stop and refrax and
            other stuff we could only dream of here. One thing we have here
            is cheap labor and lots of heat and occassional rain.
            Our oven cost about $200 or less to build. This is the first oven
            I or the brick mason ever build, other than a few clay ones to experiment
            with. They fell appart so fast we decided not to go that route. The old
            man charged me about $4.50 a day or so, give or take, the peso to dollar rate has changed so much over the last few weeks. But the old man worked
            steady and seemed to know what he was doing.
            I am wondering the best place to get an infrared therometer. I am going
            to be in Houston over the Christmas Holidays. What is a decent price
            to pay for one. Would they really be worth the investment? I do plan to use this oven a fair amount.
            Do the walls of the oven, the walls outside the clay, the cement walls, on the outside of the oven you guys built, get warm. My oven walls on the outside
            only seem to get luke warm. Also, except a few hairline cracks near the chimney in the front of the oven, there are no cracks and no leaking of heat that I can tell. When we have a flame, we have smoke coming out of the
            door of the oven, when we have coals burning the chimney seems to be
            drawing fine. We should have made the oven's chimney bigger, but we were
            starting to run our of bricks. We used the last whole brick on the chimney.
            What size chimney should a 3 x 4 foot oven have.
            JJ
            Philippines

Comment

Working...
            X