Second Large WFO in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Second Large WFO in India

Your insulation should extend outwards so that the base of the dome is also insulated from the supporting slab. You present configuration will work ok, but heat will leak into the supporting slab and reduce efficiency.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

the third layer

hole drilled between bricks at the bottom, the temp probe wil sit 1 inch below the floor and will extend 8 inches inside (practically inside a brick)

the fourth layer done all the way around

the 5th,6th and 7th layer the foor arch partially complete.

more to follow
      My first build

“Every morning in a jungle, a Gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a Lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a Lion or a Gazelle... when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.”

Comment

burning the midnight oil
        7th and 8th layer done last layer left and keystone, decided to do something different.
        stacked up some bricks inside and put a trough with sand on it to rest the last layer of bricks.
        i had to go out for a couple of days. post this picture

once i was back this was the finished dome and the smoke hood

a few views from the inside

My first build

“Every morning in a jungle, a Gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a Lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a Lion or a Gazelle... when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.”

Comment

Nice.....
          The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

That is one fine looking oven.
            Chip

Comment

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
              Nice.....
              thanks a ton , but there is loads of work yet to be done, i have to build another one for bread now
              My first build

Comment

Originally posted by mrchipster View Post
                That is one fine looking oven.
                its been fun building this , much easier than my first build.
                My first build

Comment

have a few more pictures of all the work done today.

made a small fire, and i was expecting some sweating which i got,also started working on the front facia

adding the mounting skirt to the chimney

a view through the chimney and the skirt before being welded up

the chimney is on, the lower bricks under the door are in place and the fire is burning.

My first build

Comment

If you don't mind documenting your bread oven build, I'd like to see it. Given that bread is typically baked at temps easily reached by conventional gas or electric ovens, what benefit do you see for a wood fired brick oven for baking bread?

Comment

so if u go through some of the earlier images you will see there is a metal sheet on surrounding the table you may be wondering what that was for , here is the answer.
                      it is supposed to be a last for the castable refractory concrete.which got patched up today and filled in. we also had some left over castable which i decided to use as stecco on the outside (may be i get some more thermal mass)

so all done with the castable stecco, now all thats left is using a planer to plain the horizontals in the corners.

My first build

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky005s View Post
                        If you don't mind documenting your bread oven build, I'd like to see it. Given that bread is typically baked at temps easily reached by conventional gas or electric ovens, what benefit do you see for a wood fired brick oven for baking bread?
                        i am planning to document the bread oven build too, am trying to
                        1) save money on gas (lpg)
                        2) use less fossil fuel
                        3) going green
                        My first build

Comment

the last of the picture of the work done today.

My first build

Comment

Working...
                          X