Mobile Oven in Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mobile Oven in Action

I had these in another location on the forum, but they may be better suited here in the Mobile Oven in Action topic.
    here are 2 TV interviews I did a couple weeks ago.

Video

Good Day Sacramento

Comment

Great videos Scott.
      Glad to see you are doing well and getting some good advertising..

I finally pulled the trigger, mine is being built...

joe

Comment

Scott - nice work! I'm going to add a potato/gorgonzola to my mix!

Comment

Thanks Jay!
          Feel free to do the potato gorgonzola..I took the chocolate calzone from you when you told me about it

Comment

I'm going to try it this weekend...do you cook the potatoes at all first??

That damn calzone is really popular..but it slows things down when we're busy. I need to figure out a way to do a white clam pizza too.

Comment

I did a 'smores calzone on the 4th. Crushed graham crackers on a buttered skin, then some marshmallows and a great big Hershey bar. A little butter and scant cinnamon on top.
              The chicks like that stuff.

Comment

Jay - I try to slice the potatoes probably about an 1/8th of an inch or less (I have a bad mandolin so my consistency is off) and haven't felt the need to precook them before hand when I can get them this thin. I also marinade them for a bit in an herb olive oil before spreading them on the pizza. I have in the past cut the potatoes a bit thicker and then I par boiled the slices about a minute or two before putting them on the pizza. Personally I like to just try to get them thin and skip the boiling step. I don't mind a bit of an al dente chew in a potato that may not be completely cooked I think it adds texture...but that is just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

Don't I look stoopud.. I just saw Jay's s'mores on flickr...

I was wondering where I got that idea....

Comment

Hey I stole the idea from Cavalli Pizza in Irving, TX!!

Comment

Like I told every kid I broke in on the police department..... if you see something good another guy is doing ....steal it. He probably stole it himself.

My Concessionaire just arrived a few hours ago. I hope to share some experiences with you and Scott.
                      PP

Comment

Congrats on the new arrival!!! If you have any questions please feel free to drop me an email or give me a call.

Comment

I forgot to add, I did a radio interview on Friday during drive time in our market and actually got 3 phone calls from possible clients while I was still on the air, fortunately my phone was on vibrate. I am going to try to figure out how to post the audio on my website. I didn't say that to brag about this PizzaPolice, but what you have with your new oven is a pretty unique thing..get in touch with local TV stations, radio, newspaper they are always looking to fill time or space..it may not be right away, but at some point they will get back to you and you will get some free publicity out of it.

Comment

Thank you very much. I can't wait to see how it performs.
                            No doubt I will be contacting you.

Comment

Do the ovens take a serious beating when being trailered around? just wondering what kind of suspension the trailer needs to have.
                              Last edited by JoeyVelderrain; 09-01-2009, 10:48 AM.

Comment

It was built by Joseph at portablebrickpizzaoven.com and it is specifically designed to be hauled everywhere. It is a modular oven so there are not that many joints...individual bricks would be a killer. The oven/trailer combo is extremely well designed and has a spot for everything. I would never try to build a mobile unit myself...this oven really works great. The heat retention is amazing. I like it much better than the oven in my backyard AND the two wood-burners at my restaurant.

Comment

Working...
                                X