Mobile Oven in Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mobile Oven in Action

I would agree with Jay about the heat retention. I also have one in my backyard that I built a few years ago and I actually feel bad, anytime we do pizzas with friends, I fire up the portable in the driveway versus my pompeii in the backyard..it just looks so lonely out there.

Comment

I ran mine for 6 hours and used one big arm load of wood after It got up to temp. Very impressed.
      The big MAM in the backyard is still very busy. It's hot right now waiting for 60+ pounds of Italian beef, tomorrow morning.

Comment

A quick story about the mobile oven in the local Dallas media

Jay Jerrier Loves Italian Pizza, But He Just Can't Break Up With Pepperoni - Dallas Restaurants and Dining - City of Ate

Comment

Nice. You're catching fire, bro.

Comment

Had a friend stand over my shoulder at an event this week and took a few great pictures and thought I would share a couple of them

Last edited by telehort; 09-21-2009, 03:35 PM. Reason: added same photo twice by accident

Comment

That is so cool. I wish my pizzas looked that good. :-)
              James
              Pizza Ovens
              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Nice set up!
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
                [/CENTER]

Comment

Nice, pics guys. Just got back from the Portable Brick Oven Workshop in boulder. Had a great time. Just trying to sort out a few things before I pull the trigger.

Comment

I just left the workshop about an hour ago. It was a fun weekend. I learned quite a bit and met some pretty nice people in the class. Joseph, Maya and Shamane, next door are just great. Antonio Laudisio from Laudisio's restaurant was there both days. What a cool guy! He won't tell you what he knows, he shows you. He is the last word in catering with a wood fired oven. I stole a bunch of ideas from him. Boulder is lucky to have him.

Comment

Originally posted by PizzaPolice View Post
                      I just left the workshop about an hour ago. It was a fun weekend. I learned quite a bit and met some pretty nice people in the class. Joseph, Maya and Shamane, next door are just great. Antonio Laudisio from Laudisio's restaurant was there both days. What a cool guy! He won't tell you what he knows, he shows you. He is the last word in catering with a wood fired oven. I stole a bunch of ideas from him. Boulder is lucky to have him.
                      Laudisio is a character. His knowledge is great. How many others where there? I am going to be ordering one in the next two weeks. Just waiting on financing which is pre-approved.

Just waiting on a closing date.

Jeff

Comment

Jeff - glad to hear you are about to pull the trigger on your oven!

Comment

Originally posted by telehort View Post
                          Jeff - glad to hear you are about to pull the trigger on your oven!
                          Yeah, just waiting on the appraisal to come in. Once that is done we should be able to close within days....I'm happy. Was asked to do a farmers market in the area with a lot of publicity...

Comment

This is the trailer, in Boulder CO, just waiting on stucco. I should have the trailer in a two weeks! Very excited to start cooking/baking!

Comment

Nice set up. Here's a photo of my little mobile that I hire out.
                              Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Mobile Oven pictures are really nice.
                                Restaurant offers
                                restaurant deals

Comment

Working...
                                X