Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Certification Issues

Hmmm

could you get away with some kind of marque?
    It says walls and floor etc.. but does it say they have to be rigid etc?

You could get a 12oz heavy canvas purpose built enclosure cheaper than a whole trailer/van type setup.

semantics are the red tape's worst enemy !!
    -------------------------------------------
    My 2nd Build:
    Is here

Comment

Yes, keep us all updated when you get started. I did check Wiley thread and talked with him as well. Turns our we live about 30 min from each other! Lots of planning to do on my end still. Really like the idea of a steel oven on trailer, (Less moving parts, or parts than can move). Check Wiley's thread, I posted a pick of my Buoy (steel dome) and ideas of one dome inside the other. He went into detail on the welding bit. Are you doing two domes or single with cladding? I figure I will get an oven and then worry about health dept. Seems when I start thinking about working with them my creativity or momentum level drops...

thanks,
      john

Comment

Hi John,
        I know what you mean about dampening the creativity-- even in my area there's no issue with the health department if you are not planning a business using it. I'm doing 1 dome, donna cover with 2' of wire reinforced fireresistant crete (which will crack all over) 2" high temp fiber thermal blanket, then vermiculite and build a roof over the whole thing. will probably do a stone (thinset) face on front of oven.

IMHO we over detail quite a bit, hell they've been building ovens for centuries, even on horse carts-- course the carts didn;t go 50 mph, but the roads weren;t much eithr!

I like the dome, cause the oven won;t shake apart.

I'm gonna use precast 1 1/2" slabs sitting on cement board, with insulation under that. 1" split firebrick deck. lockin dome some how, and weld up a throat like Wiley's and use a insulated chimney pipe up through the roof with a spark cap.

or i'll change my mind ;-) and alter the plan.

it'll work, or i'll adjust it,

have a great day!!!!!!
        sigpic
        Lovin my Oven

Ben Ciliberto, Doylestown Pa

Oven Pics Link- http://picasaweb.google.com/bciliber...OfTheTwoHearts

Comment

that's 2 inches of crete not feet

sloppy typist
          sigpic
          Lovin my Oven