mobile start up should i or should not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mobile start up should i or should not

Regarding the Tsunami of food safty and health regulations.
    Having done your home work with whatever county your dealing with would it be wise to concintrate on organized street fairs and other organized events , I heard they have something like a blanket food and health coverage that would make it easer to do the Wood Fired Pizz Oven.
    Any comments would be greately appreciated.
    Lill Dave

Comment

I am not sure what types of health issue you will run into in Ireland Fergus, but Lill Dave is right about some of the larger street/community events. I am doing mobile pizza and most of the bigger events do get "blanket" food permits for the event. You still have paperwork to fill out that goes to the county but the health permit is in the name of the event and not individually in each vendors name. Unfortunately doing it this way these types of events then are brought to the attention of the health department who always seem to come inspecting when you are busy. I have yet to get written up for anything, but it is frustrating when you have a line of people and have to stop making for a few minutes while they temp the product your make table and things like that.

Comment

Mate go for it! i was a chef for 12 yrs before i decided to do the very same thing. It has been hard but well worth it, msg me for any advice you need

Comment

Originally posted by Lill Dave View Post
          Regarding the Tsunami of food safty and health regulations.
          Having done your home work with whatever county your dealing with would it be wise to concintrate on organized street fairs and other organized events , I heard they have something like a blanket food and health coverage that would make it easer to do the Wood Fired Pizz Oven.
          Any comments would be greately appreciated.
          Lill Dave
          Hey Lill Dave
          I run a food business in Olympia. I have heard of a blanket coverage but have never seen one in the local events. The Thurston County health department is as variable, ignorant, and nit-piky as any inbred goverment dept can be. The requirements vary from day to day depending upon which inspector you get and what mood they are in that day. I have been wrestling with them for 10 years. This year I gave up and I am using the dept of agricuture since they seem to be more reasonable.

Ok Rant over

You might want to check out the Lacey commumity market. The are the 1st or 2nd Saturday of each summer month. I don't think they have any pizza makers as of yet.

Bruce
          Sharpei Diem.....Seize the wrinkle dog

Comment

That's to bad about the health inspectors.
            I had a simular experence with the Mason county building department when we built our house this last year, theres good ones and bad ones.
            As far as I am concerned I'm going to try to be overly carefull.
            Also look into the pizza co Veraci out of Balard , I saw them at the Mercer Island street fair and they were cranking out the Pizzas.
            They use a black oven , no chimney.
            Let me know when you are cooking and I'll try to stop by for a Pizza.
            Lill Dave

Comment

Fergus, Check out my website, it may help you. I hire out my mobile oven quite frequently
              Cheers,
              Dave
              davespizzaovens.com.au
              Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Has anyone out there put a Casa 2g 100 or 110 on a trailer, it looks lile a perfect fit.

The forno brovo folks said it is ul 103 certified for interior instalations but has no ul approval for outside instalation (ie a trailer).
                I hope this isn't a dum question but does it need the ul certification for a trailer mounting.
                If not what might it need to satisfy the inspectors.

Comment

Working...
                X