Oven Door? Insulated or not. Pros & Cons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oven Door? Insulated or not. Pros & Cons

Thanks for the info. The magnalite line is being made again through American Culinary. That is now on my things to get. I think fathers day would be a perfect time to put a wish list together for the family. A nice roaster would be the perfect gift.
    American Culinary
    Thanks again,
    G

Comment

I am glad they are making it again, I have lost one lid for a small saucepot. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Well, take a look at what remains of my door [recent photos and finished ovens ]... It was pine board inner faced with ceramic blanket { 1inch } held in by expanded lath ... We had a wee pizza party and it was reading 600f when I closed the door making sure to soak the top ... when I got up in the morning it had burned up from the bottom ... next one all metal eh?
        Sigh!
        tim

Comment

Look at it on the bright side, you can always use it to start your next fire. I posted our door pix at the beginning of the week. It works well so far except that I have to grind it down alft right and top just a little to allow for expansion.
          G

Comment

You don't need metal. My $2 scrap woodfaced durock and perlcrete door is working fine and no worse for the 2 years of wear.
            Wade Lively

Comment

Part of my problem was that I re-cycled the door off my 1st oven so it had 5plus years of use and was ready to ignite... I was thinking of a perlcrete door as well.
              I did want to try and resurect my beautiful FB thermometer that was in my burnt door , the glass is cracked and it is full of black , I'm going to cut my way in tonight and see what's left.
              tim

Comment

Working...
              X