Designing a taller dome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Designing a taller dome

I gotta ask. What exactly are you doing with these giant Dutch ovens that they are the primary concern for you oven? I mean I know everything is bigger in Texas, but man, lol.

I will state one last time I would do anything possible to avoid having a 29" dome height. That is truelly off the charts. My 42" oven has 12.75" dome height, 1/3 of what you are looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by shuboyje View Post
      I gotta ask. What exactly are you doing with these giant Dutch ovens that they are the primary concern for you oven? I mean I know everything is bigger in Texas, but man, lol.

I will state one last time I would do anything possible to avoid having a 29" dome height. That is truelly off the charts. My 42" oven has 12.75" dome height, 1/3 of what you are looking at.
      The big thing is meat. Usually I throw a big dutch oven inside with the lid slightly ajar with a pork butt, brisket, or ribs in after it's cooled off to 250F or so, get a light smoke going, and smoke some meat. I try to do this overnight but it's usually done in six hours. Alternately, I'm looking at trying to slide a turkey in there on a pan. Otherwise, I'll be using the restaurant-sized aluminum deep baking pans with vegetables to roast. For that I don't need the height so much as for the tasty, tasty meat.

Comment

Hi Shuboyje,

If your dome height is 12.75, what is the height of your door opening. Is your oven for pizza exclusively? If you can get anything else in there, it will cook faster than a microwave oven, can take your eyes off the ball(food).

Comment

The door is an 18" x 8" arc. Never had an issue fitting anything I wanted to cook. My old smaller oven had a similar dome height and door size. Between the two I've cooked pizza, bread, turkey, chicken...the list goes on and on.

My oven is essentially a homebuilt Neapolitan pizza oven, so yes pizza is the number one goal, but it is certainly not a one trick pony.

Here is my oven:
          So it begins.....

Comment

Thats one Cool looking oven, one trick pony or not, Mr. Pizzamakingman!

Comment

Working...
            X