We have been building progressively hotter fires each day this week, last night getting up to 600 degrees F with no cracks (repaired one in dome after earlier mistake of firing to hot to fast, the repair is holding well with no smoke coming out) . Today we hope to get to 700. This has all been done pre insullation but the dome has been tarped when it drizzeld during the week. Tomorrow we plan on putting 4 to 5 inches of ceramic fiber blanket insullation on the dome and around the vent area, cover with chicken wire and then a coat of stucco over the insullation and chicken wire. We are only going to do one coat of the stucco just to cover the insullation until we get around to covering the dome with regular brick as a finish, which with our track record could take a while to complete (into year 3 of build LOL). So here's our question, given that we're using around 5 inches of insullation does anyone think we will need to wait for the stucco to cure before we start firing the oven up again? If so how long should we wait? We're praying we don't need to wait to much if at all since we're dying to start cooking in it. Any thoughts most appriciated. Thanks
No announcement yet.
Curing and stucco question