gas burner??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: gas burner??

I'm afraid I started this pile-on. I'm sorry if I wrote anything that implied you are stupid. We're just afraid you're doing something unsafe, and unnecessary.

We've all eaten in those "brick oven" pizza joints with their little gas flames in the back of the dome, and eaten their five-minute-indistinguishable-from-deck-oven pizzas. Don't be deceived. Those are huge industrial burners with one-inch gasline feeds.

You can get way better results from a little bit of firewood.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Beleive,

We were just concerned.
      And from experience... gas just doesn't perform well.

I just saw you live in Jasper. I used to live there. Three of my children were born in Lamar.
      Small world......
      My thread:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...ress-2476.html
      My costs:
      http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Xr0fvgxuh4s7Hw
      My pics:
      http://picasaweb.google.com/dawatsonator

Comment

Hey, I'm more guilty than anyone and was afraid I might piss off beleive or drive him away.....I'm fine with that as long as he thinks it through and stays safe. I'd rather someone be alive, not maimed, and pissed at me than keep my mouth shut and possibly see something terrible. I've worked with and sold serious tools most of my adult life - Too many lost fingers, hands, nails in the head, hands, legs, and a few major burn victims (my daughter included). I don't want to see that happen to someone with their backyard project - it should be a fun build, and wonderful after the cooking begins.

Beleive, nothing wrong with tossing around your ideas. REALLY, we have just tried to be helpful, not belittle or call your project stupid...my apologies if I came across that way.

RT

James, if you are reading this - I think this puts me at 500 posts.....man, I don't know how some of you have gotten near 1000 (or more) so quickly.

Comment

just so you know Im not mad or PO'd,guess all your replies must be working on me,Im going to forget about the burner deal and use wood only nothing else will save me money for now and guess Ill gain some experience working with wood.Thanks and do appreciate your opinions.

Comment

Thanks for putting up with us Beleive. We can get a little passionate.

Let us know how your oven works -- and make sure to posts photos, recipes, parties, etc.

James
            Pizza Ovens
            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Good conclusion Dad!
              GJBingham
              -----------------------------------
              Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Beleive.....I'm actually very curious about the Superior Clay ovens. I actually (somehow) found their ovens before this forum and nearly bought one. Back in my younger days in Ohio they were a good customer of mine, so I felt a certain loyalty. Are they still based in Uhrichsville?

Keep us posted on your progress.....I'm interested in the oven's performance.

RT

Comment

Going back off track, James, noting your favourite Darwin award is the guys under the balloons, I'm sure you'll enjoy this little gem ...

Priest floats off under party balloons | NEWS.com.au

Gotta be in the running for his own award

Comment

Working...
                  X