• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Argentinian oven chimney Help

Ditto from me on both points...
    All the best!
    Dutch
    "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
    "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Thanks France's, DMun, Dutch, and all who helped. I did what you said, pryed off the existing, and I will insulate with either the fb insulation or the perlite, or vermiculite/portland mix, then go on with my project. It's always hard to back up and do things differently than you've planned, [ American term is 'Eating Crow" ] but I know after years of being a carpenter [ 50 years of carpentry, and I'll be 51 in September! ] That you can always learn by listening to others. I had looked at the Argentinean oven for weeks, then finally signed up for the FB forum, still going to build the Argentinian oven. After listening to the forum here, I can see that if I want to end up with what I had planned, I would have to change direction and follow the helpful persuasion of those who have done this, and seen the end results. Thank You To All., Jim

Comment

Another oven saved from disaster! Pats on backs all around!
        GJBingham
        -----------------------------------
        Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Jim,

Any way you can post photos of your dome "reconstruction"? This sort of thing might be helpful for future builders to learn from.

Also, welcome to the forum. I am your neighbor to the south, just finishing my foundation slab.
          Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
          My oven build thread

Comment

derocher
            Do post photos if at all possible...it will help others as well as to help us advise you
            Best
            Dutch
            "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
            "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

... that, and we all love looking at oven pics!
              "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Working...
              X