S.E. Quensland Suppliers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: S.E. Quensland Suppliers.

The rockwool blanket was pretty easy to just drape over the dome; I can't comment on rendering over it because I housed it, but there are lots of posts on here describing vermicrete mixes over insulation.
    My Clay Oven build:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f43/...dah-12821.html

Comment

Originally posted by BackyardPermaculture View Post
      The rockwool blanket was pretty easy to just drape over the dome; I can't comment on rendering over it because I housed it, but there are lots of posts on here describing vermicrete mixes over insulation.
      thanks buddy. one other thing have you tried using charchol for the fire instead of fire? im told its better because of the no smoke factor?

Comment

I haven't tried charcoal; I use a "top lit" or "upside down" fire. It has a layer of big wood on he bottom, then smaller wood, then smaller again, then the little twigs on top and a couple of fire starters. Once the tinder on top burns a bit there's almost no smoke - works really well.

Cheers,
        Mick
        My Clay Oven build:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f43/...dah-12821.html

Comment

Bagged charcoal is ruinously expensive. Unless you buy the top name brand, it's mostly bituminous coal, which you can buy dollars a ton. It doesn't much smoke (nor does firewood once you get your oven hot) but it does smell nasty.
          My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Hi Every one. I am new here so sorry if I am posting in the wrong section. I was wondering if any one here knew where I could get ball clay in the south East QLD area?

thanks in advance

Comment

For ball clay go to Pottery Supplies in Brisbane, but if you meant fire clay then go to Claypave also in Bris.
              Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

that's great, thanks David S!

Comment

Working...
                X